[Another Pathetic Girl Help Thread]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Oct 23, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

*blah blah*

I like this girl and want to take her out. Looking for a cool, relatively unknown places in DC. Don't want to seem boring and touristy, know what I'm saying?
    And anyone know of a good cheap cool date spots in the DC area?

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Why is it any different? Only thing is now, maybe you have an idea of what she would like to do.

Honestly, I'm so sick and tired of people trying to understand what other people are feeling. Just tell her you find her attractive, and would she like to go get dinner and talk one-on-one. If that doesn't go over well, and you find things to be overly awkward, just stay friends awhile longer. Pushing a relationship to happen won't work.

Be prepared for a goodnight kiss if that's what you think ought to happen, be prepared to not get a goodnight kiss if that's what she has in mind.

3. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

My biggest piece of advice is that if it doesn't seem to work, don't try to push it. Obviously, she's a really cool person, otherwise you wouldn't be interested in deepening the relationship. Take it slow, if you move too fast, you could risk losing the friendship.

Who knows? Maybe she's secretly had her eye on you, but is too shy to say anything either.

5. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Maybe doing an Al might help - going up to her and just kissing her. However, dont do this when there are heavy objects around (Fi wasn't too pleased at the time :p)

6. super mini (mac macrumors regular

your askin the wrong ppl, were all mac geeks (except me lol):eek:

act on her humour, that always works for me, find what makes her laugh, jokes on chavs, or life works for me. and ask her questions about her self, (but not her nicker size that wont work) and listen carfully and look in her eyes and draw ur head closer to show your trying your best to listen and LISTEN TO HER!!!! god i know is borin, and if they start talkin about there spot they had or somthin like that. move it on quickly, get her a drink (strong 1) food any thing to shut her up.

and if she starts to get on your nerves. take her home, say how wonderful it was, then when she sends u a sms text, tell her it was crap. and u wont have to deal with her again.

well............

it works for me.

7. Golden_315 macrumors member

...taht was possible one of the most in-sensitive things I have ever read... Don't even consider trying those things.
    Don't be a jerk to her. Aboviuosly you have something in common or already like eachother to a degree. The biggest thing you have to ask your self is do I want to risk this friendship? I mean if you like enough go for it, but be prepared to be turned down or turn it into an awkward fiasco. If you value just the friendship more than anything, I wouldn't reccomend asking her out.

However if you do go about asking her out just go do it. Don't beat around the bush. Confidence in yourself is attractive to most women, confidence not arrogance don't over do it. Use your knowldge of her to think of something she would like to do. Obviously you two can talk easily if you are friends so you shouldn't have a problem with conversations. Despite the ...way super mini (mac acts he is right about humor, make her laugh, make her rember how fun it was to be on a date with you.

8. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

I had a very similar situation, and she's still the girl I'm with. The fact is, if you guys are friends, chances are there is a big enough emotional and intellectual connection to make a great relationship. The thing that is lacking which you want, is the physical part.

Start by telling her little things that are attractive about her. Start small and be sporadic about it. Too much at once might blow it, as well as the wrong kind of thing will blow it.

This process might take a while, but the more comfortable you are with telling her about these things that are attractive and even sexy, the more comfortable she will be with you. Be confident and make sure to act like you don't care if she doesn't respond right away.

Just ease into the physical attraction through the avenues that already work great with the friendship. It could end up one of the best relationships of your life, because you already stimulate her in just about every other way.

9. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Kobushi

Look for signs my friend. If you've been friends for over a year and are not romantically invovled yet, it may be because she's not interested. That's not to say it couldn't happen...

"friends more or less"? Are you acquaintences? co-workers?

I would feel it out before I put the relationship on the line. Those things can get weird if they don't work out.

If you're truly friends, then there shouldn't be a problem with just being up front and asking.

10. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Just ask, and picnic!

Mmm.. Picnic in the park. :)

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

hahaha ya see there is this crazy thing called sexual harrassment...:p

12. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Eh, thanks for the advice... nothing I didn't know really... dunno why I started this thread at all.

But to avoid making this a total waste of time, I'd still like to know some cool places to take her in the DC area? Not the touristy-places-everyone-knows-about, but those out-of-the-way places that are cool, know what I mean?

I know quite a few of MacRumors members live in DC. Thanks!

13. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

yeah its a funny thing i guess.. i was upfront once with a girl she got uber defensive on me.. reason being she had a bf and i had no freakin idea... lol, in the end i left looking like >_> hehe... but yeah i guess clues she gives you would let you know.. its kind of like an intuition sort of thing.

14. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Well, the ladies love me, so I think I can give you some advice (though not from the DC area).

The initial step is to flirt. Flirt like there is no tomorrow, but be cautious. If she returns the signals, that's your "in." Ask her out. And whatever you do, don't make any jokes about being a rapist/serial killer. This right here shows not only your nervousness, but that you may be a liar too. (she could think you are one of these horrible things.)

On your date, depending on how cold it is, take her for ice cream. And I'm not talking baskin robins here. I'm talking made up front, a little pricey, home made (not manufactured crap) ice cream. In Denver there is this place called "licks." Best damn ice cream around. Girls go weak in the knees for their chocolate flavors.

Then, take a stroll through a park surrounded by nice homes that has lots of lights. Show her the stars or hell, take her to an art gallery (be sure to stay away from thsoe GREAT PIECES OF ART, the paint splashes on canvas. These have no meaning and are for wannabe artists, people who struggle with everything else in life and think some paint splashed on canvas is a meaningful interpretation of their life).

If you follow these kinds of steps through three dates, I almost guarantee a victory for you. You can also tell a lot about a person by the contents of their wallet/purse. Start comparing these things (second date only). If she has birth control, that's a sign of 2 possible things. 1. She's a slut. 2. She's aware of the risks and she's not prude. Make sure you compare grocery store cards/credit cards, and ID cards not to look like a fool.

Last but not least, no woman likes her ear breathed in, licked, or kissed. Don't ever do this or risk being slapped!!!!

15. super mini (mac macrumors regular

why compair store cards?

what does this proove? hey look i got to tescos too, how great is that, if some 1 did that to me id be saying seeya tarra

lol

16. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

how old are you? what sort of transportation do you have? what's "cheap"? what kind of food do you like/what do you usually enjoy doing? what day of the week?

17. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    It's a buffer to look like he's not trying to find out certain things about her, like where she lives from her Driver's license. You ALWAYS have to be quick with the ladies. It makes it seem more normal, less obsessive. :D

18. iGary Guest

iGary

Rosemary's Thyme Bistro

Dupont Circle
    1801 18th St., NW
    Washington, DC
    202-332-3200

You can wander around Connecticut Ave. after.

19. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

That line made my day :D

20. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

College. She's underage though, so no alcohol. The Metro for transportation. The weekends. Food? Doesn't matter, nothing too exotic though ;)... Cheap as in within the college budget :D Know of any places to wander or visit that's not too "touristy"?

21. Cinch macrumors 6502

Adams Morgan

accessible via metrorail

lots of resturants and cocktail bars

22. Skareb macrumors member

"Good" and "Cheap" don't usually come into the same sentence.

Don't be a tight arse

Jordan

23. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

this is a waste of a post... washingtonian magazine runs a 'best cheap eats' issue every year... in addition to suggesting other reasonably priced, fun activities. there are a million fun things to do in every city on a budget.

24. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

well... the kennedy center has free concerts on friday afternoons/nights... decent jazz acts usually... also, with a college ID you can get rehersal seats to big shows- and cheaper seats to regular shows...

food... what part of town are you in? do you go to school in the city? adams morgan was a good suggestion, but there aren't many cheap places in that area... and most of the adams morgan area is geared towards the 21+ crowd...

one suggestion for food is restaurant week... this happens about three times a year- many of the good restaurants in the city offer a prix-fixed menu, for about $25/person... usually people go to 1789 or the Occidental Grill during this event- maximize the bang for the buck...

because fall is coming, i'd try to do something outside. walking the c+o canal can be fun- or rent bikes and go for a ride along it, very pretty when the leaves start to change. and a great place for sandwhiches is wisemiller's deli, on the georgetown campus...

the waterfront can be pretty at night, but crowded... get starbucks or other coffee and walk down there for the night...

or explore capital hill, dupont circle, u street... would help to know more about what you're interested in....

25. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

There are hundreds of nice places to walk in D.C. that aren't that toursity, but they're not all in easy reach of 'cheap-eats' and not all of them are in easy reach of metrorail...but depending on what you're looking for, there will be something.

Basically, remember that if she is interested in you, she'll really want to walk/eat with you because of you, not because of how cool the place you are is, if you're somewhere awesomely romantic that's just icing on the cake. :eek: