Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skareb

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2005
Adelaide
gwuMACaddict said:
'best cheap eats' issue every year.
On a budget yes, on the "Cheap no.

I know more than my fair share of places to get a great feed for under $10AUD, though most of them I wouldn't take a perspective girlfriend for a date. let alone a first date.

I'd budget close to $75US, if you get any change, treat yourself to a beer.

Cheers
Jordan

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Raven VII said:
*blah blah*

I like this girl and want to take her out. Looking for a cool, relatively unknown places in DC. Don't want to seem boring and touristy, know what I'm saying?
And anyone know of a good cheap cool date spots in the DC area?

I would put you in contact with one of my best friends in D.C. who has taken out many many many many many girls on "dates" to what i can only guess are very cheap spots, only problem is i doubt any of them were that cool and probably were typical date spots.

I only feel comfortable busting his bal**(can you say balls in a phrase such as that) because he's my best friend.

So if you care on finding on the cheap places that are mostly tacky and probably include the high possibility for getting drunk and making out(which i can only assume are the places he takes girls too)then i'll get you his email address, but if you like this girl and care to talk to her again i doubt any of these places would be for you.

super mini (mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2005
UK, ENGLAND
this is off my scale now. im british, so i only have the "cute" accent. lol. but i dont know where you can go in the US. advice i can give but not tourist attractions.

if you were english i would suguest whatcroft chippy.

interesting place for a date. but theres is little chance of you getting any chips, or any purchasable food ;)

although....

she may get fed:D ;) :p

haha

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
If she's the artsy type, take her to a nice modern museum after dinner. Art museums usually take a while to go trough, good conversation time. Plus there are always interesting things to look at and talk about.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
Havent lived in DC for quite some years but ive always had a good time with some performances at the 9:30 club. dont even know if it still exists. very small and sweaty. easy to sneak back/under stage to meet the performers especially if its someone you like. maybe not the best place for real conversation but will definately get her heated up. you could always go to a quiet bar afterwords to cool down and chat.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
The 9:30 club moved and is much bigger now. If music is your (or her) scene, just check out the City Paper and find a band one of you likes.

If you could borrow a car, I'd suggest going out to the Great Falls area and hiking the Billy Goat trail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.