Another Ram Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by backsidetailsli, Aug 23, 2006.

1. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

alright so my plan is to upgrade my existing 1Gb of ram to 2Gb. i own an iMac duo core. when i bought it the dude put in 1 Gig stick instead of 2 512mb. so i want to get another gig stick to occupy that free spot. what ram should i go out and buy. i was thinking of www.tigerdirect.ca cause it would be cheaper.
    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

2. FredClausen macrumors regular

FredClausen

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

If you're in Toronto, then I highly recommend CanadaRAM - I can't say enough good things about them. They are one of the best RAM places out there, but of course I can't recommend them all the time since some people who ask don't live in Canada! ;) :D

Trevor, (who is a member here at MacRumors), runs CanadaRAM and is excellent to deal with. All of their RAM is tested and guaranteed 100% Mac-compatible and has a lifetime guarantee. Pricing is great as well.

Trevor isn't around on MacRumors much anymore, so instead of PMing him, fire off an e-mail to him and his crew and they'll definitely sort you out. :cool:

4. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

CanadaRAM has great reviews here.
    TigerDirect, espiecally when rebates are involved, has bad reviews here.

5. nate13 macrumors 6502

nate13

cheap ram- tiger. if you really think you will work it that hard, go for the more expensive ram, but i have some PC's that have tiger ram and do just awesome- depends on your personality and budget

6. FredClausen macrumors regular

FredClausen

I got burned hard by Tiger with their rebates. I honestly can't believe they're still in business doing what they do.

7. backsidetailsli thread starter macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

alright thanks, ill try Canada ram. but my question is what kind of ram do i buy?

8. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Sounds like you just need a 1 GB stick if you already have a 1GB stick in there. If you are unsure for some reason, I'm sure the sales staff at CanadaRAM could sort you out with exactly what you need.