another reason why MS BLOWS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Keebler, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

ok..unless i'm doing and understanding something wrong, which is quite possible....it seems that once again, MS is proving that windows is truly idiotic.

why?

this whole daylight savings time that US, Canada and Mexico are doing.

on my macs, i received a lovely update notice...dloaded...no problem.

but for windows...no no no no....they say, 'Let's not make that too easy for you shall we?"

i have to update windows first through some link...and then i have to seperately update outlook. wtf? i guess it would be too easy for windows to just get the damn update themselves? (ie. like a superior OS we all love :)

am i getting this wrong? 2 or 3 steps?

and please don't flame for complaining about 2 or 3 steps b/c it's windoze so that probably means 4 or 5 reboots to get the crap installed.

man i hate windoze....

ugh..

(and i'll take this back (a bit) if i'm truly doing something wrong).

Cheers,
    keebler

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Its not even funny how much i dislike windows now. The more i use it, the more i'm glad i switched.

3. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

you got that right. my pc is functional and does what i need for business stuff and email etc.. while my macs work, but when it goes..my oh my..i won't even look back for half a second.

i did find a link to help with the updating.

still ridiculous:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

You want to do a "Microsoft Update" rather than just the "Windows Update" which will include MS Office products.

When you do a tools - "Windows Update" you will get a chance to make a "Microsoft Update" instead which will run each time from then on when it's time to do update.

Hope this helps!

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It honestly seems like you're just picking stupid little reasons to validate your point that "MS BLOWS." Okay, so it takes a little bit more effort and isn't quite as intuitive. Well, for the most part, that has been fixed with Vista. Is this really worth a thread?

6. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

then you have to raise the question, "was that really worth a post"

:apple: for life

7. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

yes it was bill b/c it allowed me to vent and more importantly, someone else posted a response to help sort the issue out.

perfectly viable thread imho :)