Another Report that the Next iPhone is Already in Production in China

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 22, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Digitimes seemingly confirms a previous report that the next generation iPhone has already started production in China.
    The newspaper cites "industry sources" for the knowledge.

[​IMG]

Rendered mockup of the rumored taller iPhone with 4-inch display (left) and iPhone 4S (right)
    Click for larger
    Earlier this month, Japanese blog Macotakara first reported that the next generation iPhone had already gone into production. These reports do somewhat conflict with a BGR report that the next generation iPhone is still in an engineering verification test. BGR believes that the new iPhone will carry 1GB of RAM as well as both LTE and NFC support. Regardless, it seems there are ongoing signs that the next iPhone is approaching.

The next generation iPhone will likely launch in the September or October -- approximately one year after the launch of the iPhone 4S.

Article Link: Another Report that the Next iPhone is Already in Production in China

2. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

The good news keeps coming 

3. macrumors G5

jav6454

Please not taller... that would suck.

4. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Not wider, just taller huh. I wish is was wider too.

5. macrumors member

It seems like everything is really falling into place. All we need is notice of a conference from Apple.

6. macrumors 68040

LOL, Digitimes.

7. macrumors 68020

b166er

I am so sick of looking at that home button.

8. macrumors 6502a

Looking forward to upgrading.

9. macrumors regular

Shut your eyes then :D

10. macrumors regular

Me too :bigsmiley

11. macrumors 6502

Haha Pegatron > Foxconn in every way

12. Rocketman, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

macrumors 603

Rocketman

13. macrumors 6502

Illusion986

Looking forward to having 5 safari windows open making that preorder go thru :cool:

14. garylapointe, Jul 22, 2012

macrumors 6502a

garylapointe

If all it's got is a few more pixels, it won't be much of an upgrade. But at least they'll be able to call it the iPhone 6.

Everyone complained with the iPhone 5 (4s) not having much: more megapixels, faster processor, faster graphics processor, better lens, 64gb option. BT 4.0, mirroring (or did the 4 have that?), 1080p video. That's actually a lot.

I'm not sure what else this is going to offer beside the screen, (possibly) an incompatible dock connector, some speed increase (of course) and a bunch of apps that don't utilize the screen.

It might be a little thinner since they can spread out the battery, but more screen will probably eat more power, right?

(Oops, I forgot about LTE. Everyone can use that at their location, right?!?)

Gary

15. honjoe, Jul 22, 2012

macrumors newbie

Same here, I think that the new iPhone would look stink, if it's just taller. Also it would seem lazy on Apple's part.

16. macrumors 6502

Heh. I'm glad we've come full circle. Before we had threats and predictions that if they didn't offer a 4-inch (minimum!) screen, they would be faced with irrelevance. Now it's who cares about a 4-inch screen?

NFC, LTE, 4-inch screen, improved camera, Passbook, turn-by-turn navigation? This thing is loaded down with new stuff. Which only makes it more annoying that they're withholding Siri from iPhone 4 users still and turn-by-turn navigation with it.

17. macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

It will have most of the features that Android phones already have.

18. macrumors newbie

Already manufacturing? Hopefully they don't overproduce because I'm not buying the same screen (except longer).

Face it, a lot of people are going to say the same thing. The galaxy s3, HTC one x, and hell even the RAZR maxx look more appealing. CNET and a lot of people who are switching over are saying the same thing.

19. macrumors 6502a

Me too.

I spend so many hours surfing, watching videos and doing things on my iPhone, I always wish its screen were larger. As big as will fit in my pocket.

----------

Yes, but with an Apple-quality of user experience.

20. macrumors member

Wider isn't better

After I tried Nexus for a week (I'm a dev so I need to know Android), I came back to my iPhone thinking I'm so glad it isn't wider. And I'm a man with fairly large hands. I think Apple has the width perfect. I'll be happy if it's just a bit taller.

----------

Vanilla Android ICS doesn't even have screen rotation lock built in.

21. macrumors 601

Technarchy

Still about 100 days away so no point in getting excited yet.

22. macrumors 68030

Spink10

Keep these leaks coming!

23. macrumors member

Apple never care what the users want, they only give you the finished products and tell you this is what you need.

24. macrumors 68030

A 4" taller iPhone is great.

It'll finally have the same screen real estate as other 4" phones.

And maybe in a few more years... Apple will up the size again.

But I'm actually more interested in the addition of Verizon LTE... I might replace my iPhone 4S for that.

[​IMG]

25. macrumors regular

Hey I'm just glad we haven't started seeing photos of people starting to wait in line. :p