Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
Depends on what "begun production" means

Pegatron has begun production...

Well, "begun production" could mean:

- Signed the deal with Apple, and/or
- Put together a few prototypes with final components to see if it all fits, and/or
- Built out the assembly line, and/or
- Hired and trained assembly line employees, and/or
- Started a trial production run to find and fix bottlenecks, and/or
- Provided a few thousand samples to Apple for evaluation, and/or
- Ramped up full-scale production.

So yeah, Pegatron may well have "begun production" already.

BobbyLight

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
Denver
It's not going to be released before the new OS so it's hard to get excited about production news. Just waiting for the Fall launch.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
After I tried Nexus for a week (I'm a dev so I need to know Android), I came back to my iPhone thinking I'm so glad it isn't wider. And I'm a man with fairly large hands. I think Apple has the width perfect. I'll be happy if it's just a bit taller.

Larger screen is about eyes not hands. As far as hands are concerned people manage to control much bigger touch screens just fine - iPad is one such example.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
I am so sick of looking at that home button.

They should just change the little design on it. I think a tiny horizontal line or just nothing looks good

Last edited by a moderator:

-AG-

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2010
Austalia
I think maybe it will have a notification center band not another row of icons. That's my guess.

Rocketman

That would make sense.

4x4 looks clean.
4x5 looks messy and very un Apple.
5x5 would work too but that would mean a slightly wider phone.

mrelwood

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
the nokia n9 and soon jolla with its meego phone will rule open source ftw linux meego baby n9 has nfc 1 gig of ram and 64 gig flash drive plus real open source phones rule iPhone needs open bluetooth drag and drop support and allow apps to be installed from repos and to be able to have a file system to me iPhone looks good but is to limited in its functions go meego n900 n9 and the upcoming jolla phone are all better choices for the real geeks

Sorry about your broken keyboard. Hope you get a replacement, 'cause using that one must suck even more than reading your post does. If possible.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Larger screen is about eyes not hands. As far as hands are concerned people manage to control much bigger touch screens just fine - iPad is one such example.

Exactly.

Considering the amount of 4.3" and larger phones on the market... people seem to be doing just fine with them.

Besides the iPhone... I haven't even seen a touchscreen phone less than 4" in years...

johnnielse

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Will MacRumors please stop using BGR as a source for news? Man, those guys have a terrible track record. You a few months ago they tried to tell us that the iOS TV platform were to be unveiled at WWDC...

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
It will have most of the features that Android phones already have.

Wrong again. It will have far more than most Android phones, unless you count only the tiny fraction that runs the latest OS. Word is, all iPhones from the 3GS on will get most of iOS 6.

Trying to work out the psychology of someone who loves to lurk on MacRumors forums to trash talk Macs and iDevices. I spend no time on Android sites. I have no reason to.

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
Actually, my theory about the Big Phone fad is that it was the only way Android had of getting better battery life: bigger batteries.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008

It's just as much about hands when you are talking small devices. I frequently text/navigate with one hand. The widescreen TV thing that seems to be the blueprint from most new smartphones makes this quite tricky.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Can't you add a few full stops and commas? Your post is terrible to read.
The weirdest thing is that there are people here who will strip out all punctuation and capitalization out of a correctly written post and replace it with this illegible garbage.

Last edited:

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
Android has had turn by turn for about 2 years?

Just the length of time I've been running the excellent Motion X GPS. Voice directions, an exorbitant $15 a year. Of course, Google could have given the iPhone their free software too. But the "free" and "open" company were just dumping their software for reasons of competition.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
The weirdest thing is that there are people here who will strip out all punctualization and capitalization out of a correctly written post and replace it with this illegible garbage.

Tell me about it. I think it would be both quicker and easier to read the entire bible. In a foreign language.
Without meaning to sound too disrespectful to them........WHAT ARE YOU FOOLS THINKING? Do you go back and read your text even once before posting?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Would be a nice to see a redesign of the phone itself. And no, making a phone a bit taller doesn't count. Mac Pro "update" anyone? :p

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Tell me about it. I think it would be both quicker and easier to read the entire bible. In a foreign language.
Without meaning to sound too disrespectful to them........WHAT ARE YOU FOOLS THINKING? Do you go back and read your text even once before posting?
I don't think they're fools.

They are probably borderline sociopaths. They know they are stripping out all of the standard legibility features of the English language out of a particular chunk of text. Deliberately.

It's as bad as that Boing Boing forum moderator who "disemvoweled" posts. Truly antisocial behavior in the most cowardly passive-aggressive manner. Despicable.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
I don't think they're fools.

They are probably borderline sociopaths.

I can fix that then.......

Without meaning to sound too disrespectful to them........WHAT ARE YOU SOCIOPATHS THINKING? Do you go back and read your text even once before posting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.