another rumsfeld gaffe

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 26, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

remember the conspiracy theories about the 4th plane on 9/11 being shot down over PA, rather than flown into the ground? rumsfeld adds some fuel in this CNN transcript.

oops.

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You know, I want to believe he's just guessing when he says that. But knowing better, we all kinda had a feeling they knew more than they were letting on. This has always been a theory, the plane headed toward the White House was shot down, not brought down by those on board. Makes you wonder why the other planes weren't shot down, especially since they were so much further off course. And if that wasn't bad enough, he is relating the terrorists who attacked us to the insurgents in Iraq, which some people are still confused over.

I'm sure the Liberal media won't even mention it, like when Bush said he didn't know where Bin Laden was and wasn't that concerned. That should have lost him the election, and this should bring down Rummie. But the cynic in me thinks that it won't.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

To read the quote literally, I think he's implying that the terrorists shot down the airplane. I imagine he misspoke, but it does make one wonder what he meant to say.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That was the weird part. The phrasing is pretty odd. Even if he mis-spoke though, what did he mean to say? If not, what did he really mean?

I'm sure we'll never know.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Unfortunetly, I appear to be correct. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere since. Between the tragedy in Asia and the new Bin Laden tape, this has been glossed over. Nary a peep, but for a few bloggers. Even then, not much. My theory is that people are pretty much used to being screwed over by the government. It isn't like when they brought down Nixon. Bush could pretty much admit he was responsible for the whole thing and he'd still have people defending him.

Not that I think he is neccessarily. But hey, what do I know...

7. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    interesting link.

it wouldn't surprise me at all. i can think of few more effective terrorist tools than to actually force us to shoot down our own civilian planes.

8. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

there's a video of it here. check out the reaction of the two people behind rumsfeld.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Lot's of great video on this site. Check out "Bush Words" and "Hard Work."

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If this can't bring down Rummie, I don't know what will. Perhaps the bloggers will pick up the slack. Eventually. We can only hope for more slip ups.