Another Silly Teen Thread!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ghall, Mar 14, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

So, there's this new girl at my school that I think I like, but I'm too shy to talk to her. Through a tiny bit of introduction, I found out her name is Mindy (which will be easy for me to remember, Nanu Nanu), and she wen't to the rival school to my middle school. Basically, I am way too nervous to talk to her. What are some ways I could approach this?

Let me guess, "Nanu Nanu" would not be a good pickup line? :rolleyes:

2. BigPrince macrumors 68020

you dont have time for girls. concentrate on school.

yes, im boring.

3. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Well, for starters, do NOT mention anything about computers or electronics or technology of any sort.

4. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

You could open up by talking about your addiction to Anime, how you have worked out Pi to the 700th digit without a computer, and how you don't think you'll ever leave your parents house.

No? Not a good idea? Oh, ok.

5. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

yes, you are boring

6. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Find out some things she likes doing - any activities in school perhaps? See if you can end up doing the same activities..

7. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Are you guys in the same class? Ask her about homework or pretend you don't understand something about what the teacher said, after class, in the library or during lunch.

8. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Be friendly, be yourself. It works for me.

Ease into a relationship with her. Don't just ask her off the bat if you haven't talked to her in 3000 years or ever. At the same time don't become good friends and then ask because thats creepy and backfires a lot.

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

one thing you could do is introduce yourself. tell her your name; let her know you exist.

10. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Oh, she knows I exist....:rolleyes:

11. BigPrince macrumors 68020

That works too, its better though if SHE needs the help and you can help her. I like this approach.

12. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Hmmm, I like that idea.

Now, will I have a chance tomorrow? Hmmm?

13. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

So true. :rolleyes:

14. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

If you have had a short introduction, just smile every time you see her and try to get her eye. You may be in a queue with her behind you or front, and say, hi, mindy is it? ... Hi I'm ghall, etc etc

15. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Hop into a conversation she is having with someone with a witty, yet cute remark.

Smile gently, and wait for her to say something cute back.
    Dont let it be awkward in any way. Just play around until you get somewhere.
    Ask her if she wants to get coffee with you after school. If not, dont feel regected. There could be a number of reasons. If so, just be cute, be yourself, and dont forget to be happy. Never point out negative things, never tell her what you "hate" or "dont like" that can trigger an akward moment. Always listen to what she has to say. You never cut a girl off in conversation

Just be sweet. :)

16. Pac a Mac macrumors regular

Pac a Mac

Boring maybe....scary....definately

17. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

don't rush it. I know from experience that rushing it overwhelms girls, and they end up avoiding you like the plague.

I think the best thing you can do is tell yourself you and her are just mates, and treat it like that for a little while. If you become close mates, she might want to spend time around you, so you will have it easy.

Once you get up to senior school (years 11 and 12 here), you will find relationships do get in the way, and are best kept for the school breaks.

But this is just my experience; in the end, you have to live your own life. Do what you think is right, and learn from the outcome, whether it be positive or negative. you only have around 80 years on this planet. enjoi it :)

18. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

Can I just point out that i love these threads..

19. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

20. Poseidon macrumors regular

Poseidon

If you can find something that you two have in common that's a natural conversation starter. Better yet if you two share a class or after-school activity - that way you have a reason to be talking to her on a regular basis.

It also helps if you have lots and lots of money. It's a scientific fact that women are way more attracted to you if you have a big phat wallet. :apple:

21. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

No, it wouldn't be. Instead, go with "Hey babe, they call me Mork" :cool:

22. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

Go up to her and say hi. Pretend you are like on a date. Say good commenting stuff like: I like your hair, you are hot.

23. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

yes, frighten her away. that'll work. :rolleyes:

i agree with the others who have said just be you...say hello when you're around, smile, make chit-chat about things so you can find out more about her, and she about you. don't rush, don't go all weird....just be you. :)

as a female (who was in high school almost a decade ago but not too old to remember the HS dating scene!) being yourself and being cool and calm is the way to impress 75% of the time.

unless the girl likes jerks...then you're out of luck. :p

24. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

This wouldn't be Mindy Cohn from The Facts of Life, would it?

[​IMG]

If it is, nazmac21's advice just might work....

Whew.. that was a time killer...

25. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

"Yo baby, you be my Dairy Queen, I'll be your Burger King, you treat me right, and I'll do it your way."

Or being yourself works too. Oh and finding a topic of similar interest is a great way to initiate a conversation.