Another Sniper!?!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
  2. OutThere macrumors 603

Dec 19, 2002
    I hope that they can get him soon, he doesn't seem as concerned about not being found as the last sniper. The article said he hung around the convienience store for 20 minutes after the shootings, whereas with the other sniper they didn't have any witnesses for a really long time.
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Hopefully they learned from the last sniper, so that this can end in a quicker resolution. Having such a detailed sketch of a person seen at the site of one the shootings should be helpful. There being a witness and them coming forward is how this case will be solved quickly.

I feel very sorry for the victims and there family. That poor 16 year old that thinks she was a target, that is sad!
  4. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Jan 3, 2002
    San Destin Florida
    Well the world is full of wackos, and this just proves it yet again. We had a little girl kidnapped just a couple of blocks from where I work, and it is breaking my heart.

Sad, really sad.
  5. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2003
    Lemme guess...

White guy, in his 30s-40s, right-wing militia redneck, neo-nazi, driving a white box truck.

My 2nd guess would be a Black guy, in his 40s, converted-Muslim, driving a blue sedan along with his adopted illegal alien son.

Just a hunch.
  6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    haha all stereotypes.

But so far... they have been saddly true.

It sad people need to kill others for their own pleasure or stress relief. :mad:
  7. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2003
    What do you expect when you are told day-in-day-out, by your elected officials and police chiefs that they are responsible for your safety, and the best thing to do when you are faced with crime is to acquiesce with the robber/rapist/car-jacker.

Robbers/rapists/carjackers are not immune to the laws of economics. When they incur a cost they are not willing to pay (bodily injury, death, life imprisonment, death sentences) they will make a value judgement as to their current line of work.

Unfortunately, these elected officials and police chiefs are protected by their own assigned police officers, or they are legally allowed to arm themselves. But the peasants... err.. citizens aren't.