Another Song Title Request....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Black&Tan, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

This one is a little out there, and certainly dated. I was in England back in '93, and just before I left, there was a song on the BBC, and for some reason, I cannot forget it. I've tried in vain to find the band or more of the lyrics, but here's what I remember...

If the world was gonna end in an hour and a half,
    would you want to get naked would you want to take a bath.

I know, the lyrics sound a bit dodgy, but the song was all about what would you do if the world was going to end. Would you make up with friends, would you right past wrongs, etc.

Does anyone remember it?

2. Black&Tan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Scratch that!!! I just found it on Google. After 10 years, I've finally found it. It was called "Everything’s Fine" by the Surfing Brides.

Appears I was not the only one trying to find this song, judging by the comments on this website:

http://nathanworld.blogspot.com/2004/08/eureka.html

And here are the actual lyrics:
    If the world was gonna end in an hour-and-a-half / Would you wanna get dirty / Would you wanna take a bath / Would you wanna go to bed with your best friend in it / Would you finish that novel / Would you waste another minute / If the world was gonna end in an hour-and-a-half / Would you find religion / Would you just laugh / Would you go and get bombed, try and dream it away / If the world was gonna end, would you get down and pray / If the world was gonna end in an hour-and-a-bit / Would you holler in the street / Would you give a **** / Would you call up your mom / Would you call up your ex / Would you walk up to strangers and ask them for sex / If the world was gonna end in an hour-and-a-half / Would you wanna get dirty / Would you wanna take a bath / Would you play your guitar, your last chance to learn / Or stare out the window, lie back and burn one / Pop just stood there smoking, he said / "Don't make it hard on yourself / Don't make it harder / 'Cause you know that just around the corner, there's something that's better, that's cooler, and brighter," so I said / "Everything's fine."