Another Star Wars may be in the works

Discussion in 'Community' started by sonyrules, May 26, 2005.

1. sonyrules macrumors regular

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If it's true, I really wouldn't mind. Sure, it'll probably detract from the Star Wars epic and all the loyal fans will cry foul but Lucas created an amazing world and having seen Episode III and then the 'old' episodes again, there's a lot of cool stuff that could be explained and shown in a movie.

IMO, they almost need another one in-between III and IV to explain how the Republic gained control and the Rebellion started.

From a non-Star Wars geek, I think it'd be cool.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

More Star Wars movies sounds like a winner to me!
    I wish they would make a few more episodes :)

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Tip...

The Emperor and Vader made the Death Star and killed everyone.
    Leia got bored and formed a group of people.
    There ya go, 20 years of missing story in just a few sentences.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's an awful lot of information and detail for it not to have some basis in fact. I just hope they do it right and not have quirky Jar-jar Ewoks on the thing.

Keep it like the ROS and it would be quite cool.

D

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Thanks. :D

Still, they could almost make a movie out of this. It'd be a great excuse for some epic Rebellion vs Empire battles.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I certainly hope this is not true. No way. Please no.

Why? COMPLETE break with continuity. There hasn't been a Sith that the Jedi knew of for hundreds of years, remember? Or was it thousands? How could it have been 88 years ago?

I don't want him to pull the plug though. He's already confirmed two television series (one live action, one animated). Not rumor, it was stated at the Episode 3 Celebration officially.

From another board...

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Personally I'm hoping for the TV series to explain the beginning of the Rebellion.

I just don't want a prequel that close to the timeline. It's a COMPLETE continuity killer. Just totally ruins it. I wouldn't mind one set in the KOTOR period or Sith Wars thousands of years prior though.

9. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

well the rise the empire from the republic is shown at the end of episode 3

as far as the formation of a rebellion, i would assume that was the work of Senator Bail Organa and those that did not agree with the chancellors decision to for an empire.

i wouldn't mind seeing the star wars: expanded universe stuff done to feature film

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would like to see another "Star Wars" movie. If Lucas has an idea for the film, he should proceed. The age of 60 is no reason why he couldn't continue to play an integral part in the film. It just may help him to stay healthy.

11. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Or he could just spread the work out and oversee it, like he did with Empire. A 90 year prequel to Episode I that Lucas refers to could be really cool. It's the Sith that are always the fun part of Star Wars (Darth Maul, Vadar, Sideous...). There would be many Sith in this prequel.

12. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I would really like to see three more movies. We've seen how the bad guys take over, and how the good guys fight back. But we haven't see how the story comes full cycle.

Another trilogy of sequels, with some help for the dialogue and on screen interaction please.

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ah, but maybe its about the Return of the Sith - remember Darth Sidious mentioned someone called Darth Plageus (?) who was killed by his apprentice in his sleep.....that could be Sidious' Master and 88 years ago would be the right time for him to show up :D

D

14. Chris1127 macrumors newbie

Wasn't the series originally planned to be nine movies (three more post-RotJ), but Lucas decided to cut it back to the six we have now?

15. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I believe so, I give George another 10 years before he feels the need to finish the whole story. It is still incomplete, the Jedi really haven't come back yet, there's only one left.

16. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

And he's a prat. They need to fix that. I'd love to see another trilogy lopped on the end but it's a pretty big ask. Plus, you've got to worry about not having the original actors etc.

17. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Since the story is moving ahead and not backwards, you could compensate for that. I never really like Hamil, but the original cast is still around. Though Harison Ford is in his golden years now. I imagine that the focus would be more on the people whom the original cast of the first three movies have trained to succeed them. Which would take the focus off of the original 5 (Lando is counted with the ageless droids).

They would play a role similar to the original Obe Wan and serve as mentors to the new cast who are charged with reinvigorating the Democratic Republic. Serving as mentors and not mainplayers in the new trilogy.

At this point, Fisher and Hamil have nothing better to do, and Ford owes Lucas plenty considering who made his career. I don't know what Billy Dee Williams is up to, but I haven't seen him in anything else.

It would be great to see them reprise limited roles in the new saga. And an opportunity to introduce some new actors like the original series did. The prequels had the advantage when it came to being able to draw known actors. But I imagine that another set of sequels would be youth reliant as it shows the progression of the rebellion into something more substantial.

There is a lot to be told still. But the last should leave off where the first started to make it a complete story. Or at least a complete representation of the cycle that Lucas seems to be hinting at.

18. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    lol id pay big bucks to see harison ford fire up the falcon one last time...although i dont want to see him break a hip doing it :)

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Rumors I've heard from a friend out west is that Lucas will write 7,8,9 and have Speilberg direct them.

20. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

If they made another prequel what would they call it?
    Episode Zero? :)

21. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

22. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

A few years ago, Tim Zahn wrote a triology of books. You could almost hear John Williams' score in the background as you flipped the pages. All the authors of subsuquent books worked hard to stay in cannon (unlike Star Trek). Personally, I hope they let it go for what it is. But I know they won't.

23. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Now that actually seems like something that would be very likely to occur, though it would be more of a side story than and actual episode...

24. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

I've heard the same, i dont know if i heard the spielberg part, but supposedly 7 is already in production.

25. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Hopefully with a more adult angle and less child-pleasing foolishness. Who am I kidding, how can you mass market that?