Another stupid lawsuit!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Backtothemac, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

2. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

This morning on the radio I heard a rediculous suit. A man had tried to commit suicide by hanging himself. The rope broke; he is now suing the rope company for damages.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: ;)

3. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

i agree...seems like a load of BS. and while i have no doubt that it is a rather frivilous suit, even though he was found guilty, its still quite possible for the dog owner to have defamed him in the media. He can probably not prove the NYT libel elements to get the news paper though.

of course, she can always argue that she was just responding to things he said in the media. Well that and the mans obviously ....unstable, so she can prolly just whip out the ole TRUTH defense!

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I can understand the mental anguish of a mentally unbalanced individual forced into prison for his own fit of stupidity. But it would be hard for him to blame himself.

Then there's the physical suffering caused by his prison marriage, and it's highly likely that he ain't the man in that relationship.

A vat of lubricant and some happy pills should solve all his problems. :p

5. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

I am going to sue Apple becouse the day I bought a RIO Mp3 player Apple released the iPod.

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

it wont even make it to court. and if it does he wont win. they will dismiss it. if this wacko is representing himself he sure as hell wont win.

iJon

7. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

8. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Welcome to the reality of prisoner attorneys. People go to jail, and the jail is required to give them access to law books. There are more guys in prison sitting around drafting pleadings and appeals and whatever than you can imagine.

FYI, the suit isn't really as stupid as you all make it out to be. If she really did conceal damage as well as injuries, that would support the case as it would show that her testimony in the case that resulted in him going to jail was purjured. Plus, if she lied about her injuries and damages, her statements about him could be considered slanderous.

The case against the newspaper won't fly.

9. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I'm sure if he was hurt as bad as he says he was 1. He wouldn't have thrown that dog and 2. He should've gone to the ER and been checked out. Why didn't he file sooner? Mabye as mcrain pionted out it took him 2 years reading law books to come up w/this crap. :p

Lethal

10. dermeister macrumors 6502

dermeister

lol, is it me or did James Chadwick discover the neutron in 1932? :D

11. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I'm surprised that someone hasn't sued over something dumb like that! ;) :D I can't believe that some people think that they are going to get money for the stupidist things.