Another synopsis of F' 9/11

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Judo, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Judo macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2002
    New Zealand

I still haven't seen the movie, but this article sums up pretty well what I think about the great U.S of A.

It's like everyone has forgotten that Clinton bombed the hell out of Iraq as well. It isn't just the current administration.

Rotten to the core. :(

Having said that I really want to travel back to U.S.A.
    Do some walks around Yosemite and maybe visit Las Vegas, see the Grand canyon, Mount Rushmore and visit Alaska. :)
  2. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Jan 26, 2004
    Do you think NZ should continue to allow the US Antarctic Base in CHCH?

How about the US spy base?

If National win the next election, will we become just another country of US arse-lickers like the Aussies?
  3. Judo thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2002
    New Zealand
    Antararctic Base: Yes. As long as their presence in Antarctica is for research purposes and they keep their foot print in Antarctica to a minimum.

Spybase: No. But i guess it helps with NZ's and U.S.A's relationship.

National: Don't really know. Brash did seem to flip flop a bit on the Nuclear ship thing which makes me doubt him a little. Don't really know the whole story though.

I'm probably going to vote for labour in the next election.

Am I informed enough to answer these questions properly: Probably not.

What are your opinions on the questions you asked?
  4. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Jul 4, 2003
    Terlingua, Texas
    Well, the U.S. is both a place and a set of ideas. That we sometimes have nutzoidals and weirdlies in high office doesn't obviate the ideals of the nation. The N&W crowd merely enable us to converse as equals with other countries' N&W crowd. :D

In my view, the success of our overall system has meant that our N&Ws have more political clout, said clout often being misused. However, the misuse doesn't mean that I'm going to give up my style and stuff for the benefit of the less enlightened...