Another Tiger bug... :(

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ravenvii, May 9, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

This is my second day using Tiger. Suddenly, all GUI elements lost their mouseover dynamics. Meaning if I move my mouse over an icon in the dock, the name doesn't appear over it, mouseover links don't change when I move my mouse over them on any site, the bookmarks bar bookmarks don't highlight when I move my mouse over them, items in menus don't highlight when I have my mouse over them. This covers everything in the GUI, even Dashboard.

I restarted, and like I predicted, everything works fine. But then about 10 minutes later, it all messed up again! This is definitely something wrong.

I installed Tiger with a clean install - no upgrades or archive installs. I haven't installed ANY programs on it yet (other than one widget - Hula Girl. I've since removed it - not because of the bug).

My machine is in the sig - 1 GB of RAM, BT and AirPort BTO. I'm using a MX1000 mouse (mentioned this because the mouse is acting strangely, but it was also acting strangely in Panther, so I doubt it's a part of this problem).

That's all I can say. anyone have any insight? Is it my crappy graphics card?

2. Marble macrumors 6502a

Marble

It's probably not related to your GFX card. It sounds like this is an honest bug, and maybe one specific to one piece of hardware in your setup. I recently discovered that my system has a bug specific only to Titanium Powerbooks. Great!

3. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Well, it just suddenly started working again. I'm reporting this to Apple. Hope they fix this in 10.4.1!

(Developers: What kind of information do you want for a bug report like this? Did I give sufficient/good information above?)

4. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

ok, think about what applications you were running the first time it happened. which of those were also running when it happened the second time? if you can narrow that down try running one of those programs for awhile and see if it reproduces it. if you can narrow it down to one application causing it or a set of applications that helps. along with maybe something you did that happened just before it did it. so on and so forth. any type of info like that could be useful. it's kind of a weird bug so i can't really say what else to give. try trouble shooting though and see if you can narrow it down a bit.

5. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i have a similar issue. i posted it here but no one responded. when my dock prefs. are set to maximium in magnification my dock icons flicker. its strange. but when i lowered the magnification from max to say just a tad bit under it doesn't flicker.

6. iGary Guest

iGary

No help to offer, but thanks for your old 'tar back. It always makes me smile.