Another VPN problem for y'all

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jayartibee, Oct 14, 2006.

1. jayartibee macrumors newbie

Oct 14, 2006
    I am very cross!

I had my VPN working fine for a week and, quite suddenly it stopped working for no reason. Nothing was changed. I am connecting to my OSX Tiger server at work.

The Console and the server error log is: MPPE required but peer negotiation failed

The Internet Connect error is: Could not negotiate a connection with the remote PPP server. Please verify your settings and try again.

I have downloaded DigiTunnel and that works FINE

And so does an old Win2KPro laptop I had lying around.

What's going on with this silly Apple software then?!
  2. BUDDAVISJR macrumors newbie

Oct 19, 2006

If your working from home with a Linksys router just update the flash..
    See if that helps
  3. ddekker macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2006
    connecting from a far

maybe try ssh into your apple (I think you have to turn on SSH in the prefrences) and see if you can log onto the machine that way... from another apple you can just get there from a terminal windows (or from a linux/unix terminal) from a windows box you have to download some type of software (I use Putty)... I use this quite a bit to be able to hop on my servers and either reboot or make quick changes.. I know this doesn't solve your initial problem, but it will at least see if connecting to it by any means is possible... as far as updating your router, I recomend against that, I tried it once and the linksys never recovered never recovered (Sorry, Gilligans Island flashback)..