Another WaterField Sleeve Thread :)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mario24601, Dec 12, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Well I just ordered my WaterField case for my Air 13. I got the horizontal with leather and D rings with strap. I was going to get the extra piggy pouch but decided not to at the last minute...I guess I can always order later if I decide I really want it. I cant wait to receive it, I will post a mini review once I have it...it seems like a good product.

2. macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

cool

3. macrumors 6502

Cool story bro. Would've been even cooler had you posted in an existing thread.

4. macrumors member

I received mine a few weeks ago. You will not be dissappointed. This is my first Waterfield product, but far from my last.

5. macrumors regular

No different than the 5-10 wobbling/creaking threads, multiple "which one should I get", and other threads we see so many of. :)

6. smatguy, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010

macrumors newbie

Yup, you'll like the WF case for the Air. I have the vertical with flap since I use a vertical style 'carry my junk' bag in the ballistic nylon as well.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Just got my case in the mail. First impression: very good craftsmanship. Material looks and feels very sturdy. I am very happy with my purchase. It fits like a glove.

I do have two minor complaints.

1. The strap did not have the "made in SF" tag on it....like I have seen in pictures others have posted. I just kind liked the way the tag looked. I am going to email Gary see if they can send me another one with it but if not, I guess not a big deal.

2. Someone else commented on the smell and I agree. I smells pretty bad but I am hoping that is just temporary and part of the construction smell(adhesive etc) that will go away.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Attached Files:

8. macrumors member

Any padding?

9. macrumors regular

treynolds

I ordered and am using a Waterfield for my 13" MBA as well, but went with the vertical orientation, because it fits my notebook-backpack better that way.

Got the beefier shoulder strap, but plan on returning it as it's overkill for the Waterfield case and too bulky to pack. I'll be looking for a less-bulky strap.

Still, a good product, with excellent workmanship, made in the USA. And I don't think $86 shipped is that bad for what you get (Leather trim, flap, shoulder strap...)

10. macrumors regular

treynolds

Yes. 1/4 neoprene padding. Very nice, very secure.

11. macrumors regular

Yes, they do very well protecting your machine.

12. thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, padding is better than most if not all sleeves I have seen for the Air.

13. macrumors 68040

peapody

Never really liked the waterfield look. But nice, congrats!

14. macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Got mine today. Went with the flap, standard lower section and no strap.

What a great case! Excellent service, including a hand written note on the invoice thanking me for my business.

Just enough padding to keep my new baby safe in the event of a drop and still thin enough to fit inside a larger case if need be.

15. macrumors newbie

Just got my sleeve case and vertigo bag from the g/f for Christmas. It's everything I expected, which obviously was a lot given the praise these things have been getting around here. My MBA has been naked for over a month now so I'm really happy to finally have some protection for it!

16. macrumors 6502

Anyone else's sleeve have like grease stains on them?

17. macrumors regular

Can't wait to get mine (horizontal, flap, no leather, no strap), I hate not being able to take my MBA with me (no chance I'm taking it with me without proper protection). Nonetheless, thanks for the thread, now I know I made the right choice.

18. macrumors 65816

I;ve got one on order for my ultimate 13" Air. I've bought lots of their products in the past and have always been very satisfied.

19. macrumors 6502

PirateP

I have the horizontal, flap with leather and no strap. Absolutely love the thing. Absolutely perfect for my MBA. I would recommend it to anyone!

20. macrumors regular

Just received mine for my 13" MBA, and I must say that I'm amazed by the quality of this sleeve case.:)