Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MorganJones

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
London, UK
Some reason I'm not feeling the new 21" iMac being released this tuesday but we never know, apple still has 'available in November' on their site and November isn't over quite yet... Do you think we will see it this tuesday? Or even this month in fact?
Morgan (yes I am one of the ever growing number of new converts waiting on an iMac. Despite having a host of other apple devices and shares (let's not go there) I have not yet owned a mac)

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
Some reason I'm not feeling the new 21" iMac being released this tuesday but we never know, apple still has 'available in November' on their site and November isn't over quite yet... Do you think we will see it this tuesday? Or even this month in fact?
Morgan (yes I am one of the ever growing number of new converts waiting on an iMac. Despite having a host of other apple devices and shares (let's not go there) I have not yet owned a mac)

I feel if they are going to release it this month it will be this week for the simple fact that Friday in the US is Black Friday and having no imac for sale in stores is not going to be a good thing.

MorganJones

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
London, UK
But do they want to be giving away discounts when already Tim Cook has said the don't won't have enough for the expected demand?....

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
But do they want to be giving away discounts when already Tim Cook has said the don't won't have enough for the expected demand?....

Well that I'm not so sure about... Nothing says they haft to sell the iMac at a discounted price as they would probably still get massive sales from people walking in buying other items and wind up buying an iMac as well.

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
iMacs sell fast?

This will be my first iMac.....do iMacs generally sell as quickly as iPads, iPods, and iPhones? I have a MacBook Pro and I was able to walk into the store and purchase one without having to wait or look around at other stores

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
This will be my first iMac.....do iMacs generally sell as quickly as iPads, iPods, and iPhones? I have a MacBook Pro and I was able to walk into the store and purchase one without having to wait or look around at other stores

Generally they do not because of the higher price but there is no telling with this iMac release because as stated above even Tim Cook does not believe they will be able to manufacture enough to meet demand.

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Generally they do not because of the higher price but there is no telling with this iMac release because as stated above even Tim Cook does not believe they will be able to manufacture enough to meet demand.

Yea, I could see that happening, plus now a lot of companies are beginning to use iMacs. Here's hope for a release this week :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I feel if they are going to release it this month it will be this week for the simple fact that Friday in the US is Black Friday and having no imac for sale in stores is not going to be a good thing.

I don't think their BF sales have ever been so remarkable that it will hurt them.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Well the point I was trying to go for is from a marketing standpoint if there are no production issues this week would be the week to launch the 21.5.

That's true. Unfortunately though you can't suddenly get past production issues just because of BF.

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Ok, again this is my first iMac. Whats the deal with "Tuesday" releases for the iMac, is this the day they have been released in the past? Sorry, have everything else by Mac and they have been released same day or on a Friday. I just keep hearing "Tuesday" in all of the threads:confused:

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
Ok, again this is my first iMac. Whats the deal with "Tuesday" releases for the iMac, is this the day they have been released in the past? Sorry, have everything else by Mac and they have been released same day or on a Friday. I just keep hearing "Tuesday" in all of the threads:confused:

Yeah, it's a historical thing. Apple usually announces/releases new things on Tuesdays. It's also a common day for press releases for other companies too. Not Monday when everyone is just getting going, but still plenty of time in the rest of the week for journalists to write about it, etc.

gCraft0r

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Do they release it on a tuesday in each country? Or the USA tuesday is first then it goes online at each other store?

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Do they release it on a tuesday in each country? Or the USA tuesday is first then it goes online at each other store?

It's released the same time globally of course. And I think we will see a release close to 30th of November with a delivery date some time next year.... Except a few popping up at the stores. There are clearly some major production issues with this model and Apple is trying to keep their mask on as hard as possible.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
It's released the same time globally of course. And I think we will see a release close to 30th of November with a delivery date some time next year.... Except a few popping up at the stores. There are clearly some major production issues with this model and Apple is trying to keep their mask on as hard as possible.

I disagree, what could have happened is they were working on it for ages (internals totally new now) and also ran into the manufacturing problems which took a long time to resolve so its only recently that they started the mass production.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009

Agreed

Apple needs to improve its QC and sort itself out. Lately too many little ( and not so little) hiccups ( maps, Siri, iMac, iMessage failures, ...)

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I disagree, what could have happened is they were working on it for ages (internals totally new now) and also ran into the manufacturing problems which took a long time to resolve so its only recently that they started the mass production.

U wanna bet? ;) I'm absolutely certain they still have manufacturing issues. Maybe it's improving but these iMacs were clearly announced prematurely because the 2011 iMacs were out of stock. No better solution was found than simply over promise on the new coming model and its release dates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.