Another wireless online gaming Q

Discussion in 'Games' started by DeSnousa, Mar 7, 2005.

1. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Ive recently got broadband :D and now want to connect my ps2 up to it. Basically ive got an airport express acting as a basestation and need another wireless device to hook up to my ps2. Any recommedations on a cheap device and how do i connect using it. Do i have to install any drives on the computer or what is the process

Thanks in advance

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Basically what you're going to need to do is a bridge. I've done it with 2 Airport Extremes, this article (i am about to link) mentions an Airport Extreme and an Airport Express, but it should also be possible to do with 2 Airport Expresses. Theoretically, you could get a cheaper third party bridge, such as the D-Link DWL-G810 or DWL-G820, but I prefer to stick to Apple's products when possible for easy of use.

Anyway... El Gato says how to do this for EyeHome, I see no reason why it wouldn't be the same for you, so here are their instructions http://elgato.com/index.php?file=products_eyehome_wireless

3. CAM macrumors newbie

I only have a 11mbps network, but I picked up 2 Linksys wireless game adapters, model WGA11B, from CompUSA. I got one for my XBox, and the other for my PS2.

The only problem I see with them is, you need a PC to set them up if you need to configure them. For me, they worked straight out of the box. I don't worry too much about security where I live. You just have to push the button on the side till you get "In" on the LED display for "Infrastructure Mode." They were $69 each, but I think you could get them cheaper online.

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I didn't even consider the notion that you probably wouldn't need or benefit from g rather than b. Maybe you could save a little bit of money *shrugs*

5. DeSnousa thread starter macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Thanks

Thanks that was a big help, maybe ill get an airport express so i can stream music to my speakers. Thanks again. :cool: