1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Anti-Mac commentators Thurott and Dvorak both love the Mac M...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 12, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

HOLY ****!!!!!! Dvorak likes it!!!! The thing already hs a backorder and the most prominent anti-mac guy on the planet loves it. I just showed a picture of it to some friends of mine and they actually said they have a strong chance of buying this baby. Thank you Apple!!!

3. macrumors 6502

LOL. :D

4. macrumors 603

solvs

And yet some Mac lovers like Bill Palmer don't like it. The world has gone mad.

5. macrumors G5

nagromme

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

6. macrumors 6502a

iJaz

Yes, just look at Thurrott's grades on the MWSF keynote announcements! :eek:

7. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Attached Files:

8. macrumors G5

nagromme

Jason O'Grady of PowerPage.org hates both the Mac Mini and the iPod Shuffle:

"I am extremely underwhelmed and disappointed."

:eek:

And in an even more disturbing reversal of the natural order, Apple just released two products that most Mac forum-goers like!

Come on, a few people hate them, but I expect more! Look at the positive ratings... Normally (iMac G3, iMac G4, iMac G5, iPod, touch-sensitive iPod, clickwheel iPod, iPod Mini, iPod Photo, PowerMac G5, iSight, Mac OS X, etc....) there would be a mass protest of how stupid Apple is and how their latest product is doomed to fail :) ...just prior to those products taking off.

So... does this mean that despite Wednesday's results, Apple will be bankrupt and wholly owned by Amiga within a year? What sanity can we cling to?

9. macrumors 6502

"Dvorak the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Mac mini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Thurott supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Convert! Many MacAddicts and PC Users knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Convert that day, I can tell you!"

10. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Maybe people are just starting to learn that even though Steve Jobs and Co aren't perfect, they're right far more than they're wrong.

11. macrumors member

I'm still trying to figure out if he is joking or actually serious!

12. macrumors 68040

mac15

Is it me or Thurrots article sounds incredibly sarcastic? Anyhow he posted on the web and there is no going back now :)

13. macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

That's a funny one...

14. macrumors 603

gekko513

Did someone hack his website??

15. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Best evidence by far that their doom and gloom predictions about Apple are about to come true.

Can you say? "Apple Computer a subsidiary of Gateway"

16. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

The Joy of Tech had me laughing really hard:) Someone must have hacked their sites, although John is a former Mac man so something must have stirred his sleeping monster.

17. macrumors 6502a

Thurrot likes an Apple product! HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!

*cries*

This is it guys, my whole school has or is getting iPods, they are looking at Macs for iMovie, wow, it's here, the revolution has hit it's stride.

18. macrumors 6502a

The Power of Steve Jobs

is awesome! He has gained the favor (at least temporarily) of two of the most irrational, pig-headed, FUD-loving, anti-Mac bigots in the tech "journalism" world.

Once some of the naysayers, which not so surprisingly are usually friends of the Mac, realize that the target audience of the Mac mini either already possesses monitors, keyboards and mice, will get a KVM switch or actually appreciates the freedom to choose exactly which of these things are best for them, they will come around.

I predict Apple is going to sell so many of them, the critics will be shut up the right way. You don't hear anybody complaining about the iPod mini anymore, do you?

By the way, if you listened to the conference call yesterday, you would have heard that Peter Oppenheimer said that the margin on the Mac mini is approximately the same as it is on the eMac. Thus, the objections that a low-end Mac would have razor-thin margins are debunked and Apple can go forward into new markets.

19. macrumors 6502a

Thurott?

THUROTT likes the Mac mini? This man is the Mossberg of Microsoft, the Windows Warrior. I guess it's just such a good product that he can't think of much bad to say about it -- it doesn't come with a one-button mouse.

20. macrumors 6502

katanna

I still think that the Mac Mini is more intended for those already with a computer, so you don't need a moniter and keyboard/mouse.

That brings down the cost considerably!

Matthew

21. macrumors 68030

munkle

Don't be fooled people. This is an obvious ploy on Thurrot's part to generate more hits...people were obviously getting wise to his Mac bashing ways and no longer fed the troll with web hits, he got desperate and thought this was the best way to garner some attention.

Don't worry normal service will be resumed soon and the Mac bashing will continue...'Connect is far superior to iTMS and Tiger is blatantly a copy of LongHorn'! ;) :p

22. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

;)

Nice Ghostbusters paraphrase.

And I agree with some of the above posters: this is possibly just a gambit to draw in Mac fans, to be followed with bad reviews when the minis actually arrive for review.....

23. macrumors G5

nagromme

Which one of these three guys was it (Enderle?) who said that there WAS no problem meeting demand for the Mini early on... that the reason you couldn't find one for the first few months is that the product was vaporware and did not even exist! Despite... oh... reviews of them all over the Web!

That's how out of touch some of these extremists are. They really are trolls--trolling for hits that keep their paycheck high. And quite possibly working on MS's behalf in some cases too--at least indirectly.

24. macrumors 6502a

tutubibi

It's official. Windows domination is coming to an end (soon).

Thurott is getting ready to jump a ship to a future dominant platform: OS X.
    After all, if he stays Windows guy, he will not have OS to write about in couple of years.

:p :p :p :D

25. macrumors 6502

There'll be other commentators that will rise to fill the "whipping boy" void.