Anti-Social Photography/er?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kardashian, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I just started my exam for my art A-Level and the topic for the Photography section is Anti Social.

I need to find some photographers who have used anti social as a theme in their photo's.. things like drinking, smoking, drugs, prostitution..etc.

I found one photographer, who I e-mailed to ask would he be willing to let me use some of his work for research and he refused, and was quite rude.

Im at a loss and research makes up 40% of my grade!

Any help would be VERY appreciated!

2. bartelby macrumors Core

When I studied Photography theory and history we didn't need to get anyone's permission to use images. You do, however, need to acknowledge them and credit the images.

3. Abraxsis macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

Is this anti-social in the hard strict sense? Or can it be a play on words/metaphorical?

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

This seem like the course of action to take JDT. Simply borrow the images and make reference to actual photographer who "owns" them. :)

5. JDN macrumors 6502a

When ever i did an art project i always liked to put as big a spin on the title as i could, i'd recommend not sticking with the standard 'anti social' ideas. I agree with everyone else about the pictures. Just use them and credit the guy.

6. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

Hate to be punny, but it does seem like this guy fit the bill--very anti social!

7. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

Noboyushi Araki has done lots of photography on prostitution if that can work...(WARNING: many images are not work safe in goole image search)

Wiki

May be a bit much though :eek:

I agree with the thinking outside the box thing, that's what I'm doing for my GCSE art at the moment...I hope.

8. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I quite agree - surely the examiners are expecting you to use a bit of initiative and imagination?

9. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Television = anti-social
    iPods = Anti-social
    Personal electronic games = Anti-social

How about juxtaposing scenes of people interacting, against scenes of people doing isolating activities.

10. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Err, sorry i tried to take some shots in the crackhouse today but the doorman smashed my camera.:confused:
    I didn't sell it, swear. He smashed it so I threw it away. can i borrow some money? *twitch I need a new camera. reaally. I can pay you back on Saturday.*twitch