Anti-U.S. Outrage Unites a Growing Iraqi Resistance

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 10, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

(emphasis mine)

i don't think this is the "handful of enemies of freedom" to which bush and rumsfeld keep referring.

i also don't think that the strategy of showing bush being relaxed by bass fishing in texas is sending quite the right messsage.

2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

While I think Bush lied to us and the war was a completely poorly run opperation it really makes me wonder sometimes. On the one hand if we don't do something we are accused of being a selfish nation who only looks out for themself, etc etc etc. If we do do something we are accused of interfering and being imperialist, etc etc etc.

Did these people really think that once Saddam went away everything would magically work again? Patience is something the entire world seems to lack sometimes.

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

well, it's been a year. some people are still w/o reliable water and electricty. seems the security situation was never really in hand.

if you'll recall, one of the first impressions the iraqis got was 1) the museum was unprotected and looted, and 2) the oil ministry and refineries were secured first. after that kind of message, i'd say they've been pretty patient

4. takao macrumors 68040

takao

actually the war was executed fast and very smooth..
    but doesn't this sound familiar:

overwhelming air supiriority, independent tank groups supported by APCs,mobile artillery, special operation squads, highly advanced radio & recon equipment,modern infantry squad tactics, ahead of its time infantry equipment,...

this warfare-style isn't new and weren't invented in the us

but when first introduced it had the same problem: the germans fought 6-4 years against the polish,french,jugoslawian etc. "Resistance" and even their ultra brutal cruel methods didn't work... oh and they called the resistance actions also "terrorists"

no americans aren't nazis (those were mosnters and not human beings) and i won't compare them either ...
    but the propaganda and the war in iraq is just history repeating

actually patience won't work
    do a google search on "marshall plan" ..help them to build up their country by themselfs.... and problems will disapear...oh and treat them as equals (_that_ is missing at the moment)