Anti Zealot Campaign

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by SPG, Apr 24, 2002.

1. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

I would like, no demand, a position document by the Anti Zealot Campaign.
    Too many posters are claiming to hold high office in this campaign and yet I have not seen any real discussion of what this campaign stands for.
    Let's have it.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

If you do a little research on the threads - try looking at the posts of the main members - you might find what you're looking for. It was discussed not too long ago, btw.

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: Anti-Zealots

the Anti-Zealots....in a nutshell....are against bashing the PC all together and the PC-toting freaks out there...

I'm a Mac-freak...completely in every way...but I know there is another computer platform which can serve other people in ways that a Mac just won't...

but I also know that Mac OS is better than Windows...but I try not to get too emotional over it...unlike some of the flamewars have shown in the past around here... ;)

I was talking with some other members earlier today...and we're thinking of developing our own campaign...a coalition if u will...of course it's still in it's begining stages...

more to come soon...he he he :p

4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Zealots...

Anti-Zealots are people who really do think different.

They don't really focus on one thing (such as a PC user), they look at everything.

We really try to open our minds to other platforms, programs, and practically anything!

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I've been of this mind for a while now... Eventually it dawned on me, that in heated arguements like this (and NOT to get things started, but abortion, religion, etc, blah) you can argue until you turn blue, but no one's going to change their opinion. Each side attacks saying "my view indisputible" rather than "i have an open mind and will listen to what the other side says", so the arguing is pointless. The saying goes, "what would you have if you understood both sides of an arguement? paralysis"... it's true... you don't dwell on the arguement, and move on to bigger and better things.

This is why I want to be an anti-zealot. Thank you for your consideration.
    hehe

:D
    pnw

6. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

First off: LOL, love your sig paulwhannel! It's beautifully random. :D

And secondly here on the order of the Anti-Zealot Campaign, I would like a rousing chorus of "Hail, Hail, the Gang's All Here"! :D

BTW... I would certainly not consider my position in this campaign as holding high office. :p

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

TY hemingray :) it's actually from an old halloween Simpsons episode, but i woke up yesterday with it in my head... Gotta love homer!

I think i shall become "Superior General in charge of ambiguous anti-zealous affairs" if no one minds, since there doesn't seem to be any governing group that admits new members... I hereby admit myself ;)

pnw

8. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Ahh. That explains it. OK, I'll join. Just gotta think up a position.

9. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Some of us have re-deployed.

The War on Zealots has reached a lull.

In this spirit personell have been shifted to the War On Stupidity.

I am hereby founding Seltzer-Pie-Laugh-At-Tactics Division

SPLAT Div. :D

Flame retardent clowning for all..........:p

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Some of us have re-deployed.

Not bad, not bad.

Has this been approved by the majority?

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Does the Anti-Zealot compaign have an attorney? :D

12. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I approve, provided that the pies are actual REAL pies... not just the whipped cream ones! It makes a difference, you know. :p

13. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!!!!!

This is a Revolutionary Anarchist movement toward sanity.

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

OOH, good point, you know how those zealots get all defensive, they might just take exception to the abuse they get and start thinking legal action.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!!!!!

Well, you would have to have followers if you want the movement to succeed, now wouldn't you?:D

But your starting to spit when you say that. You might want to take a deep breath, relax and count to 10. Don't start ranting, you'll be as bad as the individuals you're after.....

16. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

There are many grades of Combat Pie.

The basic Field Pie Kit:

1 pack - 8" Disposable Pie Pans.

2 - 8 cans of whip cream in various flavours.

A typical Clown Commando also carries 1 to 4 Seltzer bottles and a backup piece: typically a moon-pie.

Special targets require special ordinance. For example the standard issue Assasination Pie is a store bought puree based dark fruit pie.

In a pinch, for a low ranking special target all Pie Assasins cache basic pie making supplies in their kitchen.

Research is being done in the Special Pies division into vehicle-mounted soft-merengue sprayers and Anti-tank pies.

:cool:

17. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Ok, I have mine.

Assistant buck private of the anti-zealot campaign. Hey somebody has to be the foot soldier right. ;)

18. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Re: Re: THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!!!!!

By definition an Anarchist movement has no High Commander.

19. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!!!!!

Yeah? I'd like to see than in action, won't last too long.

I'd also like to see some more heavy weapons - mustard spray pie, not only embarassing, but takes 'em out.:D

20. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

It's been working quite well for MONTHs so far.

PR&D has lots of stuff in mind:

For suppressing full combat you use merengue frothed with Latex. That'd slow anybody down. Who wants to make war while covered in sticky goo?:D

21. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

Thanks for some of the minor clarifications and threats of violence, but I have yet to see a coherent statement of position.
    As a contrarian organization it seems difficult to claim to be open minded while your very organiztion has the word "anti" in it. Perhaps the "Campaign to Listen to the Zealots but Ultimately Make Up Our Own Minds" would be more appropriate.
    The Pro Zealot Campaign is a contra-contrarian movement to embrace the fervor that allows people to get so fired up that they get red faced and spit while talking...a simple goal actually. By allowing the flame to burn hotter we believe that it will burn itself out quicker. Down with hearing both sides! Down with rational discussion! Dogma! Dogma! Dogma! Dogma!!!!!

22. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

I'd like to see you......

Say that covered in 3" of semi-waterproof merengue and cherry pie guts.

(Whooshhhh SPLAT!!!!):D

23. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Anti-zealot campaign statement....

Just a bunch of Mac loving people who are not so stupidly entrenced in our use of Mac's that we cannot see the bennifit to other operating systems, platforms, and the need to sleep with our wife, instead of playing Quake 3 when she is wearing the black teddy. We are also firmly against the PC Zealots who come here to do nothing but start uneducated flamewars for their kicks because they don't have wifes that wear black teddys. In addition to that we are fully armed and capable of defending all that which is Mac, with intellegence and dignity.

--
    Assistant Buck Private of the Anti-zealot campaign.

P.S.
    I know I am only a Buck Private, so I hope I don't get tried for breaking the chain of command. ;)

24. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Don't you just love it when we have nothing to discuss. Its like we're starving and starting to eat our own young....

25. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Stand up straight when you say that Soldier.

Is that nose on crooked?!?

Boy, don't make me put you on oversize shoe polishing duty.

Now get in that Yugo with the rest of the Platoon!!!!!;) :D :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :p :cool: