"Antique" Apple and Classic series. Need advice!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Jesus on OSX, May 25, 2003.

1. Jesus on OSX macrumors member

Hello all.

I need some quick ideas what to do with 2,000 (Two Thousand) of these little speed demons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is there a market for these anymore? Would mac users feel compelled to buy one for nostalgia reasons at dirt cheap prices? Or should I just recycle them and not bother?

Secondly, I have few of these Apple IIe computers (1988?), and was trying to find out how much they would go for. There are few types.. and I assume most of them work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alternate shots

http://kinnetica.com/macstuff/lc2e-2.jpg
    http://kinnetica.com/macstuff/lc2e-4.jpg

I would really appreciate your advice.

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

too bad they aren't squared enough to make furniture out of.

how about donating them to a school district as the most sadistic crime against the youth in america since PCs?

3. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Ha!:D Certainly not my school district...I just upped the anty on our donated equipment standards, so we won't be a dumping ground anymore.

See if you can get a bite or two on ebay...but for most part, they're worthless.

4. DeadlyBreakfast macrumors regular

OMG!!! 2000?? Where did you get 2000??...

(Ill take a few)

5. Jesus on OSX thread starter macrumors member

Nah, selling just a few isn't going to make me rich or make it worth the effort of shipping them out.

I am fairly sure none of the schools would want them. Not even schools in Afghanistan or Somalia I suppose. I tried to do some word processing with MS Word 3.0 and nearly went blind from looking at that tiny screen.

6. Jesus on OSX thread starter macrumors member

Aged hardware some schools decided to give up. I'm just in charge of liquidating this cache of Macs as well as other PC related crap circa 1990-1995. Got some Performa 575 series and few others, but I'm guessing nothing that would run OS9.

Mac hardware looks great, even after 10 years. HP, IBM and other stuff just looks so damn ugly from the same time period.

7. Pipian macrumors regular

8. job macrumors 68040

job

9. PB180 macrumors newbie

Location?

Of course, the big question is, where are you located? Depending on where in the country your stash of macs are, I'm sure that people would be willing to take some off your hands...

Most of those computers are worth less than the shipping price, but if they are within driving distance, the economics change dramatically.

I for one would love to get my hands on one of those SE/30s...

10. pretentious macrumors regular

pretentious

Partner up with a carpenter and make some furniture out them!

There was a guy on Wired that made desks and other stuff out of old Macs as a cool look for his business, and I wouldn't be surprised if other mac-heads or other retro-geek people would love have the same.

You could easily sell them threw ebay as a nice nitch product, I think 2000 or so old AIO Macs could make a lot of Desks and Tables, and fetch a good price if made well.

Or second option you can look into selling them to Bank of America, up here in the NW they are still using old 'all-in-one' Macs and System 6 for pretty much everything, and they might need replacements or parts to keep them running.

And yes, where are you? I'd love to pickup one or two myself if you are near by.