Any 0pinions/thoughts on the 24" iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by scraxford, Jan 15, 2007.

1. scraxford macrumors newbie

scraxford

I'm looking at buying the new 24" iMac and I was wondering if there are any comments/thoughts out there on this Mac. I like that it has an nVidia card.

2. derboy macrumors regular

its great. ive got the 24 with upgraded graphics card.
    running pretty much constantly, with no problems. Only thing is after a while using it 24 is not big enough!

3. mocman macrumors regular

4. freeman24 Guest

5. MSM Hobbes macrumors 6502

6. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Bought one and sold it withen a week, had un even lighting and was loud....went back to my trusty G4 imac :)

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

If you get one, get the GeForce 7600GT. It's worth every penny and will probably make a significant difference (possibly greater than the upgrade cost) if you ever decide to sell it.

8. pancho macrumors newbie

That's really bad, however I gotta say my iMac 24" is so silent that when the display is on sleep I seriously cannot tell if it's turned on or not, if it weren't for the little flashing light of course.

I assume you had something wrong with your iMac to make it loud, but on normal conditions it's great even if you keep it on your bedroom and have it running 24/7.

9. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

Mine too is super quiet. My 20" Core Duo made weird noises every 15 minute or so (like a small "ping") even when at sleep. No such problem with this baby. I love the cize of the screen. I use it to watch DVD´s and TV as well.

10. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Love mine! Only problem is, and this seems to affect many people's 24" iMacs, is that if you are in a truly quiet room (ie, you are trying to get work done) you can hear a hum that gets louder whenever the screen isn't at maximum brightness.

I'm told that it's just an inverter, and Apple will replace it for you, but I haven't had a time where i thought i could be without my computer long enough.

it's great otherwise!

11. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Had they been invented when I walked into the store, I would of walked out with it.

12. iDavidLeeRoth macrumors regular

9.9 on a scale of 10.

One small annoyance is the slow burning I've been experiencing.

13. BigPrince macrumors 68020

14. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Who makes your superdrive? Mashita sucks..

EDIT:

saw your other topic.

EDIT: Double posted somehow, and i dont know how to delete. I think I hit quote instead of edit.

15. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Absolutely love mine- it's very quiet, fast as hell, amazing screen, etc.etc.. Has a few dead pixels but i got over them a couple weeks after I got her- I don't even notice them anymore.

16. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

awesome if you need the screen space, if not the 20 will do/can't fit it, i got 2 :D

17. iDavidLeeRoth macrumors regular

I have a SuckyDrive.

18. Cypress macrumors newbie

Hi,

From a long time PC user I think it's great . . . All I have to do now is learn more about it :)

Paul;

19. bluecabochon macrumors newbie

I love it. The screen can't be bright enough for me. I upgraded from a B & W G3 and OS 9, so I'm in heaven. :)

Photoshop CS2 takes forever to load but then I'm not freezing up every 20 minutes while working like I was before.

I am noticing some internet connection time-outs in Safari but it may be my cable modem router box. It's silent except for an occasional whine from a CD.

Other than the usual frustrations of learning the new OS it's been amazing. I hate to leave the house now!