Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrwildguitar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Glenwood Projects
Adagio Teas. Such a great site.

Just wondering if anyone else here uses Adagio, and is and avid tea drinker like me. :)

If you do, what are your favorite teas there?

I really like Apricot Green, and Hojicha Fugue.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
I dont drink any of these fancy kind of tea's. just normaly drink black tea from a tea bag that i make myself.

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
cool site. have to try it.

super crazy strong coffee in the morning, and stash chai or green the rest of the day. keeps me from having to drink :eek: water!

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
I love tea, and drink it daily. I typically either drink Republic of Tea, or Tazo, but my real favorite is Mariage Frerès. Mariage Frerès is a French tea with an excellent history, and I would consider it the best tea I have ever purchased. It is hard to find in America, but Williams-Sonoma started carrying a few flavors recently. They make over 400 different kinds of tea. I like Eros and Vanille De Illes (sp?)

The one tea I have not had (authentically) is po cha, or Tibetan Butter Tea (made with yak butter). I came close to trying some at Lhasa Moon when I was in San Fran, but did not stop as we were in a hurry to get somewhere. I also like a sweet Tahi tea.

Great Thread, for the Tea lovers..I had not heard of the site you mention, but will definitely order some and give it a shot.

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
crdean1 said:
I love tea, and drink it daily. I typically either drink Republic of Tea, or Tazo(...)

The one tea I have not had (authentically) is po cha, or Tibetan Butter Tea (made with yak butter). I came close to trying some at Lhasa Moon when I was in San Fran, but did not stop as we were in a hurry to get somewhere. I also like a sweet Tahi tea.

Republic of Tea is good stuff... i don't see how you stand Tazo, but to each his own.

But anyway, Tibetan Butter Tea.. I wanna try that stuff so bad. Apparently the monks use it to help themselves achieve a higher level of meditation :)

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
:)
zach said:
Republic of Tea is good stuff... i don't see how you stand Tazo, but to each his own.

But anyway, Tibetan Butter Tea.. I wanna try that stuff so bad. Apparently the monks use it to help themselves achieve a higher level of meditation :)

Yeah, I only drink Tazo when there is nothing else around. It's not great. Butter tea is consumed by all Tibetans as they work in the fields to keep them warm and energized, and served at night with Tsampa, a bread like staple dish. I have read that is is also a drink of choice for Everest climbers, and the Sherpas will always have plenty. I have tried to make it, but I am sure it is no where near the real stuff. Ha!

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I love tea!

My (rapidly growing) tea collection:

Click on the image above to see them all.

Right now I have about 50 different teas, not including samplers. With the samplers I probably have 80 or so.

I've been an avid tea drinker for a while and I've recently started cataloging and reviewing the teas I drink:

Click Here to see my reviews

Those are all the different teas I've drunk at home since February (2006), when I started cataloguing.

I prefer green tea to all others. My absolute favorite tea is Winneram International's Green tea, which some might call low quality because it isn't strong. It's very cheap in price, and I find it to be absolutely splendid. I've had friends tell me that it's like drinking hot water, though. I love its simplicity and subtelty.

I probably drink a half gallon of tea a day :eek:. It's my dream at the moment to one day own a tea shop restaurant. I'd sell hundreds of varieties. If I could have the restaurant be certified organic, that would be even more awesome.

I've never felt more like an old lady than I do right now, after typing and reading this post. Just for the record, I am 18 years old, male, I love to party, and I'm anything but boring!

e

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
scemo, you'll have to try some Mariage Frerès. It is the best tea..unbelieveable. of course, I can't afford to drink it all of the time, so it is good as a bday or christmas gift.

Nice collecion by the way.

Attachments

• mariage2.jpg
    mariage2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 193

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
crdean1 said:
scemo, you'll have to try some Mariage Frerès. It is the best tea..unbelieveable. of course, I can't afford to drink it all of the time, so it is good as a bday or christmas gift.

Nice collecion by the way.

Cool! I'll try it out :).

Thanks for the suggestion.

e

turbopants

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
Chicago
I'm a big fan of tea. I like green jasmine tea, chai tea, and my favorite, Earl Grey with a little bit of honey. Hits the spot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.