Any Amateur Radio Operators Here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by maestro55, Nov 27, 2005.

1. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Well, I thought I would start my first new thread here, and ask if there were any other Amatuer Radio Operators here. On another Apple (ipod related) forum that I visit there was another one or two ham operators besides myself. Curious to see how many might be on this forum. There certainly is a lack of good ham radio applications for the Mac, but there is some indeed. So curious how many other amateur radio operators might be here, and what is their ham shack computer?

Callsign here is KD5OWO, Extra class. Using IC-718 aas my HF rig with Hustler 4BTV vertical. I also have other numerous radio equipment that you will find on my website (http://kd5owo.anness.org) All machines serve a purpose, from MacTelnet running DX Clusters to My Mac keeping all of my log books safe on its harddrive. The linux box runs Java logging software, windows has digital software and more logging software and the other linux machine runs telnet DX clusters.

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

strangely enough
    another lid beat you to it. :)

ragchewer.

I'm not a radio operator, but I know someone who is, so I learned all the ham radio insults. :p :D

kt

3. maestro55 thread starter macrumors 68030

maestro55

Well well well, if it isn't Miss. Katie. Kind of a small world (or why wouldn't you be here, as you are a mac user.. ) but still out of all the threads you found mine. umm..

..and thanks for the link to the other thread, perhaps I should do a search next time.