Any app like menumeters to show traffic for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by nightfly13, Jun 10, 2010.

1. nightfly13
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

As a big fan of menumeters for Mac (which I use to track CPU use and Network activity in my menu bar) I find I really miss it on my iPad. I just left my iPad downloading a big kindle book for half an hour over wifi and I really wish could see if the spinning icon meant there really was traffic coming through or it got stuck.

I don't imagine such an app exists, and maybe if it did it would have to be via jailbreak since its kind of system level... I love being able to see network/ISP performance and install it on every Mac I use. Any thoughts?

2. DenniZ
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Best thing that is original it go to settings > general > usage

Although thats for 3G models. Otherwise you can't I think, unless jailbreaking.

3. luha
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

luha

I would really appreciate any kind of hint for that topic too, since I am using my Wifi iPad with a Mifi. Jailbreak is done, so if there's any app that lets me know how much traffic via WiFi I've used would be great!

Thanks, Lutz

4. DaBrain
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

DaBrain

I have also d/l some huge books from amazon on the iPad and have never had to wait a half hour! I can't recall them taking over 1 minute! Sounds like a band width issue! I have 7.1 dsl, what is your speed? Another thing that may be slowing you down is your router/access point.

Lastly, I still would love to be able to see the stats as you mention. Even more, I would like to see data usage on my wi-fi iPad! I'm curious to know just how much data I currently use on my iPad over a specific amount of time. Some routers show that, however mine does not.

5. nightfly13
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

The book was extra huge, Lonely Planet India 900+ pages with lots of images and maps) but no doubt my Internet sucks: 512kbps. Still took too long. Later it was done within 10-12min, wasn't watching closely.

Thanks for e usage tip, I do use 3G from time to time.. It's even slower here :(

6. DaBrain
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Ahhhh! Yes that is the problem and I would not expect it to be any faster then the 10 min you mention!

I'm lucky to have the connection I have and just to give you an example I d/l a book that's well over 2000 pages and tons of images in less then a minute! Here's hoping that you can get more b/w soon;) best to ya, your way and have a great day!