Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lolito

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2013
here
-Sparrow; 10.9 does not allow it to start, it says, it comes from a not recognised developer, or something like that. so weird....

- Airmail; text not showed properly, it's too streched out.

- Xtra finder; not working.

So far, gonna keep my good old 10.8 in my main ssd, and 10.9 just in a test partition in a HDD, as it's far from better due to these issues.

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Safari isn't supporting certain Java applets. I can't access the entire configuration page for my Cisco smart switch web console.

bc2116

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2011
VMWare Fusion Pro 5.0 Works fine for me

My Windows 7 in Fusion works just fine - fyi (finder is crashing like a runaway train, but that's another story)

Is seems like Parallls doesn't work, but the latest released version of VMWare does work according to can anyone confirm whether vmware or parallels works fine under Mavericks?

Are you sure Mavericks needs an update to the AirPort Utility? Also updates for software for Mavericks will not necessarily come at the same time as updates for released versions of OS X.

msephton

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom, Europe
I can just watch the memory usage go up once I open it. Starts out at about 11MB which seems fine for such a small program and is right about where I remeber it being. Let it run for a while and it's up over 200MB. It goes up about 0.1MB every other second.
I'm not seeing the memory leak with f.lux 20.0 on my iMac. Watching through Activity Monitor.

I see the latest version is 21.0, in which i can see the leak, so let me know if you want the older version.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
I'm not seeing the memory leak with f.lux 20.0 on my iMac. Watching through Activity Monitor.

I see the latest version is 21.0, in which i can see the leak, so let me know if you want the older version.

Yes that would be greatly appreciated.

Embio

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2010
-Sparrow; 10.9 does not allow it to start, it says, it comes from a not recognised developer, or something like that. so weird....

- Airmail; text not showed properly, it's too streched out.

- Xtra finder; not working.

So far, gonna keep my good old 10.8 in my main ssd, and 10.9 just in a test partition in a HDD, as it's far from better due to these issues.

I have no such problems with Sparrow - I am using the home folder from my Mountain Lion partition and I dragged it in from /Volumes/Mountain Lion HD/Applications. Did you right click and click open?

denisvj

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2006
I got Parallels 7 to work with this commands :

ExtensionsPath="/Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Kexts/10.6/"
cd "$ExtensionsPath"

sudo kextutil prl_hypervisor.kext/
sudo kextutil prl_vnic.kext/
sudo kextutil prl_hid_hook.kext/
sudo kextutil -d ./prl_hypervisor.kext prl_netbridge.kext/
sudo kextutil prl_usb_connect.kext

open /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app

And you have to give parallels permissions to accessibility to get keyboard/mouse working :

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy Tab > Accessibility section

I got this from parallels forum so credits to them .

meme1255

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2012
Czechia
I got Parallels 7 to work with this commands :

ExtensionsPath="/Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Kexts/10.6/"
cd "$ExtensionsPath"

sudo kextutil prl_hypervisor.kext/
sudo kextutil prl_vnic.kext/
sudo kextutil prl_hid_hook.kext/
sudo kextutil -d ./prl_hypervisor.kext prl_netbridge.kext/
sudo kextutil prl_usb_connect.kext

open /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app

And you have to give parallels permissions to accessibility to get keyboard/mouse working :

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy Tab > Accessibility section

I got this from parallels forum so credits to them .

Great news, I might not have to buy PD8 :)

Lolito

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2013
here
Sparrow just works, it was only that i had to click in the preferences of the os to allow software from unknown developer...

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Okay, just installed Mavericks. I run a boatload of programs. Here are the ones not working...

1. EyeTV. Anyone using any of the Elgato EyeTV products will find that the viewer crashes. The device also disconnects itself.

2. iDeskCal will not display calendars or appointments on the desktop despite the fact the program displays an icon across the top toolbar indicating it is running.

3. Fantastical continually asks for access to my calendars/contacts every time I boot.

4. Had SecondBar installed for my second monitor. I don't need it anymore. I removed it from my User Accounts Login, but for some reason it still attempts to load when I boot.

5. DateLine gives an error message at boot up, but will continue to run if you press CONTINUE when that message appears.

6. iStat Menus does work, though every time I boot I get the preferences screen even though I disabled that screen (put it on hide) in my User Accounts login list.

7. TotalFinder does not work. I removed it. Don't need it anymore with new tabs on Finder

What does work...

Newsbar, PopClip and TextExpander (as long as you give it Accessibility access), Alfred, DefaultFolderX, Digital Power Station, Hardware Growler, OmniGrowl, Crossover, Photoshop, Little Snitch (with update), Yahoo Widgets (for those who still have them), GeekTools, Zipline, WeatherMan, DragThing, Caffeine, Capster, Toast Titanium,
SnapXPro (though file saving is a bit funky now), ScanSnap Pro.

Last edited:

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Update: iDeskCal does work. You just need to go into preferences and select the calendars to display. It somehow resets itself with the new DP install.

Installing new extensions of pop clip doesn't work.

Hmmm. Never even tried that. Don't know what that is. What do these extensions do? Thanks.

peterharte

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
If you're not a registered developer, then you don't need the information as you shouldn't be running Mavericks.

If you are a registered developer, you wouldn't need a non-developer link.

That sure answers my question.....

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
CandyBar seems to finally have croaked under Maverix.

Macaroni is glitchy too.

Endnote won't launch either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.