Any Apps similar to VLC Player for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mojoe24, Sep 20, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Dec 1, 2009
    I've been using AirVideo for streaming AVIs but it kills battery. With VLC out for the iPad, are there any similar apps for the iPhone?
  2. macrumors member

Jun 27, 2008
    Zumocast - Awesome app
  3. macrumors 6502a

Oct 18, 2008
    VLC is being ported to iphone too. though any video player not using quicktime library to play video will suck battery like no tomorrow I'm sure.
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 1, 2009
    Would it be worse than streaming over 3G though?
  5. macrumors member

Aug 16, 2010
    I use Streamtome, Its similar to Airvideo but it streams music and vidoes.

if you're jailbroken there is an app called yxflash which can play xvid.
  6. macrumors regular

Apr 4, 2010
    I use Media Browser, with TVersity, plays divx and mkv, basically anything. On iPod 4G and iPhone 4, both very well. Music and photos works too. The DLNA thing is so nice, there are lots of server choices, not all will play divx though.
    And my 8G iPod or 16G iPhone never have to install too much videos and don't occupy my small storages.
  7. thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 1, 2009
    I'm more interested in being able to put MKV on teh phone. Airvideo is great for streaming, but like i said it kills battery.
  8. macrumors 6502

Aug 22, 2008
    I've been using airvideo to just convert all the non iphone compatible video. Than I can just drag it into itunes and sync is over and play via ipod player on iphones. works fine
  9. macrumors regular

Jun 23, 2010
    OPlayer? Works great on my iPhone and iPad, though it can sometimes get out of sync with some videos.