Any Apps to Make Dock Clear on Intel Mac YEt?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mileslong, May 20, 2006.

1. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

i have used both clear dock and transparent dock on my old macs but now that i have a new intel one i cant find any app that will make my beloved dock clear again. i hate it all cloudy as it comes by default. any new workarounds or haxies out that can cure this???

thanks

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Forum Search is your friend...this was last asked two days ago.

The short answer is: No, not yet.

3. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

actually the short answer would have just been no, not a lecture on search functions. 99% of every question on here has been asked at least once before but if its not on the first few pages then its probably old information anyway.

thanks i guess...

4. rspeaker macrumors 6502

Maybe we should be nice when we ask for help. The guy is right, a search does reveal it was just asked two days ago. With a thread that recent, if a solution was found, it'd likely be on there.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

The few first pages of what? :confused:

6. rspeaker macrumors 6502

I assume mileslong means the first few pages of the "Mac Applications" forum. By this logic, though, we get to assume he only looks three or four folders deep in Finder before considering a file lost, and simply creating a new one.

Just as Finder has Spotlight, MacRumors has Search. USE IT!!

7. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

Search often comes up with irrelevant and vastly outdated information.

8. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

I agree - just because it didn't happen *this* day doesn't mean you need a new thread.

Look.

9. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

"Search often comes up with irrelevant and vastly outdated information."

thank you, that is exactly my point....

for the rest of you, why even post anything here then? every single scenario has been asked at least once. i dont really need answers from december of 2005. i can hardly wait for your insighful, unique posts when asking for help on here. i wont answer you if i know it i will just tell you go search for it. the last time i checked this was macrumors forums not google.

i would rather not get an answer than a smartass lecture, thanks for nothing

by the way XIII, here is what you get when you click on your link
    "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

that helps a lot thanks...

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

But hey, did you know there is MRoogle? Very handy indeed.

11. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

thanks for the link, that is pretty cool...

12. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Seriously guys/gals, lighten up some. If it annoys you that bad, just click back on the browser and move along. It seems to me that too many macrumors members are acting extremely rude lately. If someone does not search, oh freaking well, get over it. If you know the answer, post it, or kindly provide a link to a previous thread.

If you do not have anything nice to say....

13. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

You're right.

People forget that the essence of this site is people asking for help, posting information etc. I actually think twice (or three times!) before posting anything for fear of being blasted!

People need to lighten up and remember that its the fact there are really nice people around here that keeps us all coming back.

14. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I have been around since 02 and it just seems to get worse and worse. I think that we need to get used to the fact that questions will be asked over and over again. Especially now, because it seems that more and more people are switching. This will lead to more and more newbies. We need to make sure we show the switchers that being a mac user is totally different than being a PC user. Let's welcome them and only blast them if they say something bad about Steve. :p

15. Lau Guest

Having said this, people here are offering help on their own time, and don't deserve to be attacked for pointing out that searching is a good thing. I didn't think WildCowboy was particularly harsh, but I do think mileslong was a little quick to attack in his reply, and subsequent posts.

16. janey macrumors 603

janey

The fact is, for most people, it's a matter of doing this on their own time and on a strictly volunteer basis. It doesn't take a genius to notice the advanced search features - i.e. limiting it to a certain timeframe, excluding the archives, etc. Once you start spending a lot of time on here and contribute (demigod(desses), 6502+, even regulars, etc.) I'm sure even the best of us gets irritated at the fact that the majority of questions asked here become cyclical and could easily be solved with a simple search. Mac user, Dell user, Linux guru, OS X developer, newbie switcher, whatever we are doesn't matter, we're all human and that all gets to us at the end, how much would you like it if the SAME questions get asked over and over again? It's just the way we work to think that what we need to ask is totally unique and unrelated to anyone else's, but still.. Alas, I do agree over just not answering at all, but then you have people going all "xx number of views and no replies? how useless this forum is!" and such.

Also, there was an IDENTICAL thread about it a couple days ago, which just begs the question...what's wrong with search? If the thread was several weeks old, then okay...but it's not like something major happened between now and a couple days ago.

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=3501094

Three relevant topics, one by you, two up at the very top. Out of 14. Was that so hard?

17. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

You say three relevant topics, one by you. I never posted anything in regards to this topic?

Anyway, I can see what you are saying here. But still, overall most macrumors members could be a bit kinder.

18. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Didn't realise search links timed out.

I searched: "clear dock intel" and there was a thread, a few days old, with the answer. :rolleyes:

19. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

20. janey macrumors 603

janey

:S i meant the OP, not you, sorry.

21. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

For a second, I was thinking, Did I post something a few days ago? If so, no one answered me damnit b/c I do not even remember posting it! j/k....

On a sidenote, my daughter's middle name is Jane after her grandma, Janey. I always think of my little girl when I read your posts. :)

22. janey macrumors 603

janey

Awww! I don't have a middle name, and one hell of a VERY common last name :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: Pisses me off, cause I'm not even in like the first 43985782345 results of a google search, or anything like that.

23. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

That is better than having a middle name that sucks. Not my daughters by the way, but mine. :(

24. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

thats my whole point, these links disappear and/or become irrelevent after a while. i ususally check the first few pages then if i dont see it i post it. i dont see what the big deal is, if you dont feel like answering a question then dont open the thread! in the time it takes you to lecture someone you could have posted the answer and made everyone happy.

a few people keep saying that this is a free site and people are volunteers, well no sh#t! the fact is that if you had to pay to post here then all you would hear would be tumbleweeds blowing by...

have fun with it its not a job you know, if you feel you have been answering too many questions or heaven forbid redundant ones then guess what? dont post!

glad i could straighten that out for you guys. for the other nice people i appreciate your help on here, people like krishian (sp) and mad jew always answer any question they know without a lecture. i now answer any question i know as well to "pay back" now that im 1.5 years into my apple experience.

thanks again to all those who help and leave it to a nice texan, "no spleen" (my original home) to make sure everyone plays nice...