Any Battlestar Galactica fans?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by generik, Nov 17, 2005.

1. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    I recently got into watching this series, and today I am a really big fan of BSG! Down with the Cylons! :D
  2. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Yeah, I like it too although the production budget looks rather anemic. I like the episode with Lucy Lawless, wow, she is such a hottie. The story line is great despite some poor editing.
  3. DJY macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    Canberra AUST
    I am a big fan of this series... and can't wait for it to re-start in Jan!
  4. Piarco macrumors 68030

Jun 24, 2004
    There are quite a few fans on here... as seen in this thread:

And I can't wait until "Ressurection Ship" airs. Still no sign of when the second series starts over here in the UK, so I'm having to make do with fileshare copies.... boo..... nothing like a bit of BSG on a nice widescreen TV in 5.1 surround.....

Have they split the DVD box sets into two over in the States? Series One was a single box, but due to the split in airing the series I think they'll be released Series Two: Part One around xmas....
  5. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

Jun 19, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Yes....and don't think a lot of us aren't pissed off by that. I'm not buying it. I refuse to buy it. Its a marketing gimmick. . . They will make hundreds of millions. :( What did PT Barnum say?

Beyond that the show itself is the best thing I've seen in the Sci-fi genre since Stargate SG-1. I own the miniseries, season one, and the soundtrack to season 1. (The music on that show is phenomenal.) When Sci-fi releases all of season 2 on DVD I will get that as well.
  6. mrdeep macrumors member

Jun 23, 2003
    If your *REALLY* love it, there's a podcast where the director goes through each episode describing what they were doing, what they were trying to do, etc. I made the mistake of listening to it while riding my bike on an empty road, I kept hearing cars and turning around and saw nothing. About halfway through, he says "let me close the door so you don't have to hear all of these cars".