Any body from Connecticut or NY, NY...?

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Jan 12, 2003.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001

Guys, I'm preparing to live my country, actually I expect to live in less than a month or so because of the civil war.

I may be moving to Greenwich CT and I'm looking for a position working in video with After Effects, or as a Sound Designer too (Protools or Digital Performer), I'm 27 years old, I'll be 28 February the 25th.

You can see my resume at ,go to resume and hit the link.

I'm 70% war refugee and immigrant 30%, I have a turist visa until 2006 until I get my citizenship that is already in progress and should be ready this year (It was sent January of last year).

I'm looking for a position as a freelancer, no intention to get you in to trouble, I help a lot, I'm an "all the way" person, I'm funny, responsible, no drink, no smoke (anything) and like to make family out of friends (I wont touch your girlfriend or wife, I have my own).

This is a picture of me when I had hair =).

I really would appreciate if you can give me a hand or help me to network with other people.

Peace... but for once.

Reinaldo Torres

Attached Files:

2. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you
    glad to see it's finally going through. I'm in NYC and may be able to hok you up with some people. As of now, I don't know any place that needs someone, I had a bit of a hard time finding an internship for myself....

BUT I'll keep an eye and an ear open for you.

In the meantime check out

With After Effects what specifically do you want to do? compositing, SFX, titles? that way I can maybe know of something...

good luck man.
  3. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    I go for titles, my experience is as a VJ, in that case my style design is a lot similar like creatting a poster for a high way, quick a big.

I forgot, write me at or what ever (enything ending in will go to my folder). Remember is with IIIIIII not YYYYYYY.:)
  4. lmalave macrumors 68000

Nov 8, 2002
    Chinatown NYC
    Glad to see you're moving to NY (or NY area). Wish I could help you more with a job, but I'm not in your field (I'm in technology). A good general resource is, they have everything.

Man, you should've talked to me 3 or 4 years ago when I was MUCH better connected. I lived with 2 beautiful Filipina sisters (yeah, man, it was just like the TV show Three's Company, except with Puerto Ricans and Filipinos) who both worked for video - related companies. One sister worked at Dimension Films (at the time best know for The Crow but then they hit it REALLY big later with Scream and Scary Movie). And the other sister worked for RGA, a fairly well-regarded company that does commercials. And their other sister (who I didn't live with) had a girlfriend (yes, you read right) who directed the very famous documentary "Paris is Burning". Not only that but their boyfriends were both DJs and their friends (and my friends) were party promoters. Man oh man, those were the days :D

But that all seems like a lifetime ago. Oh well :(

But anyway, if you have any general questions about NYC I'd be happy to answer them. BTW, I speak Spanish (I'm originally from Puerto Rico), so feel free to ask questions in Spanish if that is more comfortable.

Good Luck,

Leonardo Malave
  5. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    Leo, glad to hear you.

Write me at to have your e-mail.

My family in Connecticut is from Puerto Rico too because my grad mother was from there and her brother had his family there. ¿where are you now? ¿do you keep in touch with any of that people? I need promoter like crazy in NY, that is my field.

I rather speak spanglish because the Spanish in Puerto Rico is very complicated. One of my options are in Puerto Rico too, I have another part of my family there and they are open to receive me but I have never been there and I know in NY there are a lots of opportunities.

Write me a e-mail.

Thanx man.

6. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    I don't live anywhere near the east coast, but I just had to say that you're really cute mymemory.[​IMG]

7. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Jul 22, 2002
    Toledo, OH, formerly Twin Cities, MN

No offense to anyone. :D
  8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    I grew up in Darien, CT - on the other side of Stamford from Greenwhich, nice place. But I haven't lived there in almost 15 years. What made pick that area?

Good luck

9. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    Thanx for the complement;)

Now you just have to add 4 years more to that picture and take the hair off!!!:D

That was my last picture with hair, I took it when I was studing multimedia in Orlando, FL in 1998.

Here is another picture of me a year ago on the cover of the local paper representing "the oposition" to the goverment.

I'm not any guy, I'm a celebrity... with a Mac:cool: :D

Attached Files: