Any body related to....

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fender83, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Fender83 macrumors member

Fender83

is anybody here related to or friend with John Mayer, i know most people only reconize him for his stuff like your body is a wonderland but hes a pimp he just did thta kinda stuff to get started, if you were at the NYC blues show at websters hall your chin would have droped to the floor, he busted out Stevie Ray Vaughan Hendrix, Buddy Guy u name it, He is going to be remembered as a guitar hero, some some kids wall will be covered in his posters just like min are covered with hendrix posters, but seriously if anybody knows this guy i would really like to meet him i've played guitar for 7 years now and it would be awsome if we could jam.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Hey that's a good song to make, um... er ... well you know, but otherwise, I wouldn't be caught naked playing that song while driving.

No, I am not related to him, although he is a cool guitar player and superb vocalist and Steve Jobs No.1 fan.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

he seems like a good guy, with a bit of talent, but so far his work has been what i call "drivelpiss" in iTunes. If he releases something serious, I'll take a look, otherwise he can Timberlake himself.

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

His last album sucked. Musically as well as technically. Someone needed to lay off on the mix compression.

6. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

who cares who anyone is related to? why do we have two threads about being related to people? :confused:

7. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    ???
    The fat guy that hangs out at the music store can play Hendix, that doesn't make him poster worthy. John Mayer is a douche.

8. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Saw him live in Memphis Festival in June where he jammed with some of the best in the business. Glad to see some in here who recognize and appreciate his talent and diversity. Anyone who thinks he's a "d****e" would probably be musically challenged to whistle row your boat :p
    X

9. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Yes, he is my cousin. Here are daytime and evening phone numbers at which he can be reached, Internet Friend.

10. mac-er macrumors 65816

Ever heard of punctuation? Were you high when you wrote this?

11. Fender83 thread starter macrumors member

Fender83

yeah acually i was, but thats beside the point i want to meet this guy, and most people have never heard the real mayer, like i said earlyer, but anyway is anybody related to him, i met him once and i started talkn about guitars at an autograph sighning and we talked about martins and novax guitars for like 10min and everybody else just talked for like 10 sec this guy is really cool, i would really like to jam with him.

12. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    I can play Hendrix, SRV, can read and write music, and can play multiple instruments and I have already stated what I think of Mayer. The difference in Mayer and any of the "best in the business" is that the best write music that is passionate and emotional as well as technically challenging while Mayer writes TV-dinner versions of Dave Matthews songs. Anyone who would write ass-music like that for any reason (especially to "get started") is a douche in my book.

13. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Actually, Mayer himself frequents this website.... you might want to start a thread asking him to hang out with you. I bet he'll at least PM you. I bet he remembers you too.

What type of prescriptions are you on, exactly?

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That would be quite amazing if John Meyer would respond. Chances are he monitors the site, but isn't a member. Either way there is no way to know. Steve jobs wouldn't use his real name either. Steve Jobs having him on a Keynote twice has done a lot to further his career.

15. Fender83 thread starter macrumors member

Fender83

awsome my thread is taking off, anybody ever seen Jay and Silet Bob Strike Back? well in the movie Jay and Bob hunt down people who talked **** about there movie i'm thinking about doing the same thing to these people talkn about mayer when they have never even heard him live. Why do people do that?, o well good idea about ask john to hang out with me, but hes going to be pretty busy with his upcomming tour that starts this fall. and btw i was just joking about medications. :)

16. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

for the record, now that Pete Doherty and kate moss are broken up, i want to meet him-- i think we'd really get on well. But, this being reality, I'm going to pretend I don't want to hang out with him, and move on.

that said, if you ever reach your dream, do let us know... and if anyone knows Pete, tell him to freaking call me :p

17. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Whaaat? Say it ain't so. Why? ;) Link please?
    My life has no meaning

18. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That's the best bit of understated, but brilliant, sarcasm I have seen around here in a long time, bravo :cool:

19. vniow macrumors G4

Come on, just admit it...

20. ldenman macrumors regular

yea........doubt it.

21. zach macrumors 65816

zach

RP, you are never wrong.

yes, mayer blows.

22. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

So, what is it that you, who have heard and yet not heard, don't understand about JM, other than the obvious...that of being from cultural deserts of the U.S.?
    X

23. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Well... the first thing I don't understand is your sentence. ?

Second, he sucks. He does. I mean seriously... he sucks.

24. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

My friends neice is best friends with Ryan Cabrera.