Any car audio people in here? Question for you.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by joecool85, Oct 20, 2005.

1. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

What do you guys think of this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-til4jhpSz4X/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=607SIRPS1

I don't need insane bass, been there, done that. Quite frankly I just need something to compliment my 6.5"s Blaupunkts in the front and 5x7 pioneers in the rear. This would be going into the trunk of a 2001 Ford ZX2.

Please, no comments about the car. I just want to know what you guys think about this sub/amp combo.

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Sounds like you want a semi-cheap SQ (sound quality) system. This is what I would get:

Infinity Kappa 572.5CF Speakers (2 in front, 2 in back)

or

Infinity Components (not sure the model, but Infinity sounds GOOD)

Amp: Look for AutoTek amps on eBay. They make quality amplifiers at a good price.

Sub: If I were you, I would get an Image Dynamics IDQ 12 or 10 (or even just ID 12/10)

Image Dynamics makes REALLY nice sounding subs. I have the IDMAX 12, 1000RMS subwoofer, just one and it sounds SOOOO good.

3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Wait sorry, didnt read that you already had the speakers installed. What amp is powering the speakers?

4. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

Just an aiwa headunit. I know my sound systems, trust me. What I don't know is my all-in-one style sub setups. So I really just want to know what people think of this sirius sub setup.

5. Kalinatek macrumors regular

4 Gr8 prices check:

www.ikesound.com

i've got an Alpine Headuint (Mp3/Wma) , two '12' Audiobhan subs in a sealed 3/4 MDF enclosure, a small JBL 2 channel amp thats giving around 150rms for each sub , and am running 4 kenwoods off the headunit (2 front/2 rear)

:rolleyes: