Any Car or Car Audio People Here (X-mas list)?

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacAztec, Nov 24, 2004.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    So, for Christmas, I decided I want to build myself a nice car audio system. I thought I'd post it here for any of you Car-Audio people, so give me your opinions. I would like to incorporate my 3G 15GB iPod into the mix too.

Head Unit: Pioneer 760MP

Speakers: Infinity Kappas 527.5 CF

Speaker Amp: Either Infinity 7520A, or MA Audio HK-297

Subwoofer: Image Dynamics ID-MAX 12" (1000w RMS!)

Subwoofer Amp: MA Audio HK 1997 (Over 1000w RMS power, 2ohm load)

I will be installing it myself. I will build the sub box myself, fitted just for my Ford Focus ZX3 (hatchback). I want it to angle up against the seats. This thing should really pound. I think I will have the iPod hooked up through the dock connector to the back of my Pioneer deck. Should sound great.

Also, I want to put some Eibach lowering springs on my car (anyone know about these?). This is pretty much an xmas for just car stuff. I'm going to buy that clay bar system that is used to take all the imperfections off the paint of your car, its like $15 dollars at Auto-Zone.

Sometime around late Dec. or early Jan., I will post finished pics of my Car. it will look good I think, tinted windows, sound system, clean paint.
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I've got an Eibach Pro-Kit on my 1999 VW Golf GLS and they work okay. It's definitely lower but they're not tremendously stiffer. I got 3-4 mph extra on tougher curves without working harder.

I'm confused about your speaker selection. Why put good speakers into it if you're going to drown them out with a subwoofer?
  3. Poeben macrumors 6502

Jul 29, 2004
    Perhaps with the springs and the 1000w RMS subs he will get 6-8 mph extra if he points the subs out of the trunk. lol, 1000w RMS in a car is just funny, sorry.
  4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    What is that? I had a mishap with a pole in a parking gararge and some @$$hole hit my car in the parking lot of my school so i need some bodywork done. (Just the paint chiped) Will this work for me? If it matters i have a 2004 lexus ES330 in blue
  5. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Clay bar is like a special bar of "clay" for your car. it comes with a bottle of spray that you apply right before you rub the bar on the paint. so you wash your car with dish soap to strip the wax, then apply the bar everywhere.

it mostly takes off micro-marring from using bad towels (like when you look at your car at an angle and u see the little scratches). makes the car look great tho.
  6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Jul 4, 2004
    I like my stock Bose system, maybe I am getting old. Massive bass and ultra loud treble give me a headache.

A complete detail would be nice though, my car has gathered a few parking lot scars.
  7. evoluzione macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be
    sounds nice. i haven't been into car stereos since i left england over 6 yrs ago now. had a sweet setup there though, 50.1 chrome rockford amp, dropped the impedance of that thing down to 1/3 of an ohm, and ran a 15 dual voice coil rockford power sub off it. so that 50w amp pumped out about a lot more than that, so much so it blew out the back window of my car! i also had a small amp to run the JBL 6x9s and the front mids as my head unit was preout only, 4v though which was a lot back then. i do miss it.

and just 'cause you have a 1000w amp, doesn't mean you're going to be cranking it up all the time. my stereo was extremely loud if i wanted it to be, but it was a quality install (by myself of course) that had superb sound quality (but had the quantity if needed) :)
  8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2002
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    Sounds like somebody's Christmas is going to be a veritable orgy of consumer electronics.