Any cases or bumpers that won't scratch/chip the iphone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bathplug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2010
    I want to get one of those hard snap on style cases, some have a soft matte material inside and out so would they be ok for the iphone 5? any recommendations on a bumper case as well?

2. macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2011
    I have the incipio one that is two-piece (soft inside, hard plastic but soft to touch outside) and it doesn't scratch my phone.
  3. macrumors member

Sep 25, 2012
    Incipio dual pro

I have the same one.. I don't know how everyone who's worried about scratching their phones doesn't have this case.

Any snap on case will eventually start scratching you phone.. I don't see that being an issue with the dual pro because of the primary silicone layer.
  4. macrumors 6502

Jun 21, 2011
    Greece and Holland
    I ve ordered an shp bumper bs its soft ruber on the inside so i hope it ll be fine!
  5. macrumors 68000

Aug 25, 2007
  6. macrumors 65816

Jun 10, 2009
    Manchester, UK
    Otterbox ones have a soft sleeve that go on first.
  7. macrumors 6502

Oct 6, 2012
    I had a moshi for my 4s, clear & i looooooved it.

Personally I think these are the ugliest cases going.
  8. macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2006
    Where I live
  9. golfgrouch, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

macrumors member

Oct 4, 2012
    Venice, CA
    If an abrasive contaminant such as sand, dirt or even a buildup of dust come between black anodized aluminum and any case, there is a chance of scratching.

I recommend applying a film to prevent scratching. At the very least, clean out your case monthly.
  10. macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2011
    Yeah, always forget the name of it....

I used to have an otterbox commuter on my 4s and got one for my 5 and it was not the same and in a bad way. Stuck with incipio dual pro. Aside from it not protecting the headphone/lightening ports like the commuter does, I find it superior to the commuter.
  11. macrumors 68020

May 18, 2009
    Belkin Candy Grip Sheer

Been using it since launch day and it hasn't left one mark on my phone.

It is a flexible "soft" TPU case with a perimeter that is more rigid than the "soft soft" TPUs.

I've dropped it 3 times (twice from the bed, and once it slid off my car seat to the floor) and never had any damage to my phone.

Some dust does get between the case and the phone, but it hasn't scratched the phone. I clean it about once per month.
  12. macrumors regular

Jul 16, 2011
    Is that different to ?

It's not "candy"
  13. macrumors 6502

Mar 18, 2008
    I just got the Case-Mate Tough case this week. It's a two piece case with a flexible rubber bumper that goes on first, then the rubberized back snaps on over the bumper. I don't see how it could scratch the phone at all unless there was some grit on the phone when you install the case. This case is great- very slim, good protection, great fit and grip, and looks really sharp. Mine's the blue/gray case on a white iPhone.

Attached Files:

14. macrumors regular

Jul 16, 2011
    Is it the same ? what is the difference between Belkin Candy Grip Sheer case and the case in the link below which is not "candy" . the one below is considerably cheaper.

Any recommendations on what film to buy
  15. macrumors 68020

May 18, 2009
    Your link is broken, but Belkin offers a Candy Grip "View" case as well that has a hard polycarbonate back. I wouldn't recommend it. I've tried both, and the hard back and/or dust ay scratch the phone.
  16. macrumors regular

Jul 16, 2011
    Would you know the difference between these two cases and why one is more expensive than the other ?{47}Black.html

The second one is cheaper and not "candy"
  17. macrumors regular

Jul 16, 2011

read this !