Any cases that cover the ports?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gillybean, Apr 28, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Are there any iPad cases that cover the connector port and the other controls?

I want to give the iPad to my baby to play with but her fingers are often wet and I don't want the connector port to get damaged.

Just putting it in a ziploc bag or a waterproof bag that also covers the screen doesn't seem like the best idea here either since those might be suffocation risks.

I'm thinking of just using a standard case and putting the iPad in the wrong way so that all the ports get covered.

2. macrumors 6502a

noah82

Seems like you answered your own question.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I guess so. I was looking around at the case topics and pictures and then realized I could just put it in the wrong way and edited the original post.

4. macrumors member

I know it's not out yet...but I've been checking the OtterBox website, and even subscribed to their email notification list because if their iPad case is anything like the one I use on my iPhone 3GS, it's going to be epic.

5. macrumors member

radtech has these: http://www.radtech.us/Products/Portectorz.aspx

iskin has an iphone case (the revo2, I think) that has plugs attached to the case that go into the ports. I've asked them about plans for a similar case for the iPad. No answer yet.