Any chance iPod mini will ship early?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by DVDSP, Jun 1, 2004.

1. DVDSP macrumors regular

I ordered an iPod mini for my wife's birthday but the current scheduled ship date is 5 days after her birthday (very handy). Has anyone had their iPod mini ship before the scheduled day? If so, how much earlier?

Thanks,

John

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Not likely. Here's what a friend of mine did when his gift didn't arrive on time. He went here:

http://homepage.mac.com/okkibokki/iblog/B377254671/C42970012/E1817506200/

and fashioned a decent looking facsimile. He put it in a big box with a few nice Apple full page ads for the mini and an iTMS gift certificate.

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

It is unlikely for the mini to ship any earlier due to the high demand. But, that is the estimated shipping date. It is saying it will ship on or before that date. But, as I said before due to the high demand that is the most expected shipping date.

4. DVDSP thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your input. Just wanted to follow up with you and let you know that I got a ship confirm email on Saturday and the estimated delivery day is 6/23/04. Her birthday is the 24th so hopefully it'll make it! (I've still got the above link bookmarked, just in case)

Shipping 10 days ahead of schedule? Looks like Apple is making some progress on the backorders :)

Thanks again,

5. PowerMacMan macrumors 6502

PowerMacMan

I ordered two and BOTH shipped four (4) days before the estimated ship date! :D

6. OziMac macrumors 6502

You have two (2) Minis? You are one lucky guy... ;)

7. puhlsar macrumors newbie

I originally ordered one from the online Apple Store, but I heard rumors that my local retail store had plenty in stock, so I called them up and turned out they get a couple every few days, so I cancelled my online order and picked one up from the retail store. So I'd say if you have a retail store nearby check with them.