Any chance of a 3G iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by L T, Sep 21, 2013.

1. L T
    macrumors 6502

L T

I've thought about getting an iPad mini 3G but I don't really like the iPad form factor. I rarely use my mini because I just prefer to use my iPhone, for Facebook Twitter, light web browsing, email. I have my MacBook Air to do everything else.

However, with me using my iPhone more my battery life is decreasing. I'm think about getting the next iPod touch, a 3G option would be lovely!

But a 3G option would probably cause iPhones sales to drop.

2. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

3. macrumors 604

Well, a 3G iPod Touch would basically be an iPhone... so yeah, it won't happen.

4. macrumors regular

Too similar to an iPhone... maybe there will be a 5.5'' mini iPad mini with 3g someday but not an iPod touch.

5. macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad mini 4G/LTE. Both devices are on the same data plan and it is nice to have a SIM in the device so I don't have to tether the iPad to use it when out and about. I like the form factor of the iPad mini better than my phone. The phone is great to just pull out quickly but the iPad fills the gap between my phone and MacBook Air better for browsing and email than the phone does. Just get an iPad mini. Oh, and I have AirDisplay installed so I can use it as a second monitor for my MBA when travelling which helps justify it.