iPad mini Any chance of getting the Mini in retail stores?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hooterville, Nov 20, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Any chance of purchasing the Mini before Christmas anywhere or is eBay the only hope? :rolleyes:

2. macrumors 68030

CrAkD

use the reserve system. It works. after 10pm reserve the mini you want for in store pickup the next day.

3. JeffMorse, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012

macrumors regular

Agreed. Last night at 2am I logged on and bought it online for a store pickup this morning.

4. macrumors 65816

Knowimagination

I called several best buy stores today and one of them had just received 10 white wifi 16 gigs so I snatched one up.

Also of the 5 stores I called 4 of them had at least a couple 64gig minis in stock

5. macrumors newbie

I was in an HH Gregg today and they had about 10 in stock.

6. macrumors demi-god

This ^^^

I just added various (but not all) sized wifi-only and 3g minis to my cart, and the Apple Store near me had all of the ones I tried in stock.

7. macrumors demi-god

fishkorp

My local Target has had the 32gb and 64gb wifi in both colors every time I go in. Always sold out of 16gb though. If you're not having luck, try Target.

8. macrumors 68040

Also tekserv is a good place to start. They are authorized by Apple as well.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, I don't have an Apple store within 100 miles of me. I'll keep trying HHGREGG, Best Buy and Target. Thanks.

10. macrumors member

I returned my WiFi black 32 GB to Best Buy this morning and scored an identical LTE version. Check the Best Buy site at night and then call when they open. They held it for me.

11. macrumors regular

yeah Best Buy's inventory search online seems to work for cellular models only. Wonder why you can't for wifi only models.

12. macrumors 6502

Best Buy received a full shipment of Mini's today -- My local store had wifi, at/t, and verizon versions in stock this afternoon.

13. macrumors Core

alphaod

Well you could always order one and have it delivered. The estimated time is 2 weeks right now which is before Christmas.

14. macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

you can call macmall and order one. They have them in stock and you can get it overnighted if you want to

15. Guest

Depends on the color and storage size. 16gb seems very hard to get. 64gb seems much easier to get.

16. macrumors 68020

aricher

Just reserved a 64 GB LTE AT&T here in Chicago, all area stores showed most models in-stock

17. macrumors 6502a

You may want to check Walmart too. They've been in my area at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and a nearby Apple store. It might be since there are a lot of choices in my area too.

Greater Philadelphia area.

18. macrumors 68020

Just ordered VZW LTE 16G BLK from them and sent back my Apple purchased one (I wanted 16GB anyway, originally got 32). Best part was NO SALES TAX (to NJ).

19. thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK, If I purchase the one with cellular for Verizon I don't have to start any new service contracts like I did with the iPhone 5?

Can't I just use it on my expensive "Share Everything" plan?

Not to up on these Minis with cell.

20. macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

I just got back from Walmart and picked up a white 16gb. It was the last one in stock.

21. macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

You are correct. You add it to your Share Everything plan and remove it from the plan at any time. I don't think Verizon charges an activation fee either (might be wrong on this).

22. macrumors 6502a

Is it possible to add a verizon ipad to a share everything plan if I already got a brand new sim for it either online or via phone, or does it have to be in a store? I tried to activate my mom's ipad 3 in verizon( russel cellular) store, and they said that they didn't know how to do it, but gave me a SIM card.

23. macrumors 6502a

ScottNWDW

I checked Target.com and when you choose an item you can see what stores in your area have it in stock. Saw my local Target had the one I wanted in stock and went and picked it up. Use your red card and save 5% on top of it.

Then went across the street to the Mall and bought the Smart Cover I wanted at the Apple store and got a discount on that because of the corporate discount program they have with my company.

Got the 64gb black wi-fi one with the product red Smart Cover.