Any chance of Lion back to Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by BenGiller, Aug 31, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 31, 2011
    Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything like that... On to the problem.

So I've got one of the late 2009 13" unibody silver aluminium MacBooks (without FireWire). Quite randomly the other day I decided to give OS X 10.7 a go and see what it was like. A day or so went by and after programmes not working, gestures being funny and not getting on with the system, I decided I'd had enough and wanted my comfy ecosystem of Snow Leopard back.... Until I couldn't actually find a way of doing so.

I tried my Snow Leopard boot disc, with enough space to install the OS it still for some reason refused to do so. I also found a way involving two Macs to get Snow Leopard back but apparently needed a FireWire (no port.. :S).

So now I'm not really sure what to do haha! Any advice would be much appreciated!

2. macrumors 6502

Feb 28, 2010
    You can use a Time Machine backup to revert if you have one. You can also reinstall SL from the install disc but you will need to erase your disk first.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 31, 2011
    Ahh brilliant thank you! I do have a Time Machine back up, how do I restore it?
  4. macrumors regular

Jul 6, 2011
    Providing that your backup was done using Snow Leopard (not Lion), insert your SL disk, and turn off your machine. Then power up, and hold the C key, until the Apple logo appears. It then may take several minutes to boot up, but eventually you will see the SL installer. From the menu bar at the top, find the option that says, 'restore from time machine backup'. Click that, overwrite your current HD with Lion on it, and you're done.