Any chance of New Cinema Displays at WWDC?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Patch^, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Patch^ macrumors regular

Mar 11, 2005
    Great Britain
    Due to all of the rumors with new PowerMacs (Mac Pros) and that they could see a new enclosure or something, do you think there is any chance of new Apple Cinema Displays? Because I would like to purchase a new monitor soon and the current Cinema Displays seem a little outdated spec wise in comparison to other Displays on the market, except for the 30" which is too expensive.

Has anyone heard of any rumors about new displays? Or think it's possible we could see some new Displays at WWDC?

(If there are new displays at WWDC, I think they will probably look similar to the current line up except that they will include an iSight and Possibly all HD.)
  2. nutmac macrumors 68030

Mar 30, 2004
    Several other threads speculate the same question. Most tend to agree on 3 things: that they will sport iSight, better panels (i.e., 20" iMac has better panel than 20" ACD), and cost less. I think updated ADC will accompany Mac Pro, although whether it will have all 3 is entirely speculative.
  3. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

Dec 29, 2005
    I hope so.

Updated Cinema Displays with iSights, better resolutions/other goodies at a lower price point would be great. :)

How about:
    - 20": $599 US
    - 23": $999 US
    - 30": $1499 US

That would be sweeeeeet.

EDIT: How about new, bigger sizes? A 40" screen maybe? Personally, I don't find a display enjoyable until it's so big my eyes bleed from looking at it. 8)
  4. PaulinMaryland macrumors regular

May 17, 2006
    Maryland, USA

Your 20 and 23 price suggestions look reasonable (for Apple). But $1499 would make the 30 cheaper than a Dell. I don't see Apple going there.