Any Coast to Coast AM listeners?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chrismccorkle, Jul 19, 2006.

1. chrismccorkle macrumors regular

chrismccorkle

Anyone here listen to the awesome late night talk show Coast to Coast AM?

Any streamlink members?

2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Is this Art Bell's show? I used to listen to it all the time in my younger days, but haven't heard it in a long time now.

3. chrismccorkle thread starter macrumors regular

chrismccorkle

Yes it is. George Noory hosts M-F and Art Bell hosts Sat-Sun.

www.coasttocoastam.com

Still some very very interesting things on there! Give it a listen!

4. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

my mom and step-dad listen, and they talk about it all the time. it seems to be a pretty cool show.

5. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

I haven't listened to Coast to Coast in a long time- but now that you remind me of it- I'll have to tune in soon !

6. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

i used to listen every night when art bell hosted. i havent listened to the new guy

it seems like the show would fall into patterns, same guests, same topics. only occasionally would they have someone on with something that wasn't toally absurd

but it is worth listening to for non-mainstream topics or for pure entertainment.

7. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Every once in a while -- a lot more when I was younger.

I had no idea Art Bell was reduced to weekend duty -- seems a shame! My weekend 1-6 a.m. timeslot is more likely going to be spent with the V Show -- just about the only listentoable sports talk radio now that Tony Kornhesier is off the air again.

The prize is not fabulous, etc.

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

I've been listening to it since the mid '90s. Although when I started, I lived in Portland, OR, so it came on a LOT earlier than it does out here on the East Coast.

(Actually, our local station just dumped Rusty Humphries from the 11pm-1am slot and now rerun the first 2 hours of the previous nights Coast to Coast which totally rocks!)

I was a Streamlink member until last month when my credit card didn't autorenew because it finally expired.

I liked being able to download past shows, but I didn't like how they are 3 or 4 seperate MP3s and how you have to set them up in iTunes to remember your playback position.

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

That was at his request. He had some family problems with his son (years ago) so he left the show for awhile and then came back as the weekend guy.

His wife Ramona died earlier this year. A few months later he fell in love with a young (23-24 year old?) girl in the Phillipines. He's since moved there to live with her and will be doing his show from down there. He did one or two from down there, but the connection kept dropping.

Haven't heard him in a few weekends -- not sure what's up, unless they're trying to work out the technical kinks before putting him back on. :)

10. chrismccorkle thread starter macrumors regular

chrismccorkle

Yeah Streamlink is nice.. I have 3 playlists:

• Coast to Coast Favorites
    • Coast to Coast Last Night
    • Coast to Coast Unfinished

that's the only way I can really keep it organized! 8 shows per week?

I love Friday open lines... very very interesting things.

11. chrismccorkle thread starter macrumors regular

chrismccorkle

He received a text message saying his ISDN lines were almost up.. that's the last I've heard. George mentions it about 3 or 4 nights ago.

12. tonywalker23 macrumors regular

i used to listen a lot when i was on 3rd shift. i bought a stream link thing for one month so i got the last 3 months and that month downloaded. still got a good many to listen to from that one month i subscribed. i now work 1st so i dont ever here it much anymore.

i wish they would comeup with a way to make their 'podcast' not be an app that downloads mp3's to you desktop but an actual feed you can put into itunes. oh well.

13. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

I used to listen back in high school - now I'm in college and staying up all night is only something I do on Fridays and exam weeks.

Sort of weird show, but interesting.

14. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I fall asleep to it every night and have for 5 years or so. I like Art Bell quite a bit more than George Noory, but George has grown on me, and I listen to him too. It's the only non-music radio I listen to really.

(note, I think 99% of the stuff on the show is garbage, but it sure is entertaining)