any collectors out there?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Feb 22, 2004.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

do you like to collect baseball cards, junk, coins, stamps, jewelry, rocks, etc?

i started with us and international stamps, then us silver coins, and finally vintage guitars...now i don't feel the need to collect clutter so i go rid of it by selling it or giving it away...clutter is really bad when you have thousands of stamps and coins and books and volumes to store them in and 56 guitars...actually if i had kept my original hotwheels collection, it would be worth more than all that stuff combined...oh well...now i only have one thin stamp book, a couple of thin volumes of coins and one guitar and the whole entirety of all that is worth less than five hundred bucks...maybe less than three hundred

the only thing i want to collect is memories and diplomas these days

the two most interesting collections i have ever seen are a wall full of rhinestones and a room full of succelents in pots

wait, scratch that...the weirdest collection i saw was this guy who collected girlfriends...when his collection got too big, he skipped town ;)

and if you don't collect "stuff", then what are your hobbies?

2. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

come on, all these views but no posts???

there must be some girlfriend collectors out there:p

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

hmm... I like to collect model trains. Specifically HO scale trains. I have at least 100 different cars and engines. I don't even want to guess how much money I have spent on it.:p

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

5. demoptera macrumors newbie

I have a collection of Hello Kitty "Neck and Back Massagers" hehehehe

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I collect art paintings and sculpture. My wife and I started to purchase while in Nebraska at an Artist's Co-Op. We have continued here in Boston. My wife's father who is an art collector has also given us some. The most recent a painting of my namesake. We also collect Bradford Exchange Plates by of Norman Rockwell paintings.

7. Opteron macrumors 6502

Collect "Magic The Gathering" Cards
    LaserDiscs
    Bike and computer parts (donations welcome)
    and last but not least Wine;) (also donations welcome)

8. isus macrumors regular

i used to collect lots of stuff... now i just want to sell it so i have less clutter in my room...

beanie babies
    baseball cards
    pokemon cards