Any Comic Book Junkies?

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacAztec, Jul 19, 2005.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I was just going through my closet last night, and I guess my Dad stored 3 big boxes of comics in there. They are from about 1970-1985. I went through one box, found about 350 comics. He has every Conan, tons of XMen, and Spiderman, Fantastic 4, Captain America, The Defenders, STar Wars, SuperMan, etc.

He said he had 5 boxes, but him and my Mom got in a big argument in like 1990, and she threw away two whole boxes. He never really collected them, just read them and put em in a box.

I'm going through them today, going to see what he's got. The box in the pic below was full of comics, to the top. I'm just giving a depth shot.

Attached Files:

2. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

CALVIN AND HOBBES... i have all but maybe two of the book collections... good stuff... does anybody know why bill watterson just stopped making them? i mean the garfield dude keeps on truckin'.. i guess they have their reasons... :eek:

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I went through a Superman phase. I have first editions of every Superman comic from about 1988 to 1997. Not the greatest collection, but I loved reading them.

I also have the First 40 Years of the Amazing Spider-Man on CD. Great read for all Spider-man fans. You'll probably never get another opportunity to read these classics.

4. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I'm a big comic book geek, I've got over 5,000 issues bagged and boxed. I've been collecting for about 20 years now and I just turned 30.

If you're looking to get rid of some of the X-Men and they're in good shape let me know, I might be interested in some of them.

5. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

Count me in

I'm a comic book geek too, do a google search for my screen name. Not really a collector, just read em, bag em and box em.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I wonder if the Spider-Man comics from the "clone saga" story, which was spread across several series, are going to be worth anything? I guess I'll hold onto them and see!