Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chuchichan2524

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
A little over a year ago when I purchased my Powerbook G4, there was a promotion to get something like $200 off a new iPod. I purchased through the educational site. I'm not sure if it was an educational deal. Is there anything like that available now? I'm most likely going to be purchasing a MacBook. Thanks...

AstrosFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
chuchichan2524 said:
A little over a year ago when I purchased my Powerbook G4, there was a promotion to get something like $200 off a new iPod. I purchased through the educational site. I'm not sure if it was an educational deal. Is there anything like that available now? I'm most likely going to be purchasing a MacBook. Thanks...

If my memory serves me correctly, the last 2 years there have been promotions like this one, primarily in the summertime.
This coincides with the "back-to-school" sales & trying to reel in the education customers.
If you could wait that long, you may get a similar deal again this year.
Otherwise, I think you're best off going with Amazon (assuming you want a stock computer, not BTO).

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
What you are referring to is Apple's Cram and Jam promo.

Attachments

• cramjam.jpg
    cramjam.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 52

chuchichan2524

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
Yes. Exactly. That's the promo. I guess around the summertime they might have something like that again? Or, who knows?

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
I got my iBook through the same promotion but it was called the Student Union promotion (but it is basically the Cram and Jam promotion).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.