Any designers out there...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rendezvouscp, Nov 26, 2003.

1. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2003
    Long Beach, California
    Hi! I am a 14 year old in California, and my "goal" in life is to become a designer. Not just any designer, but I would love to be a hardware designer at Apple. It is very farfetched (or seems like it to me), but this is what I want to do. Are there any designers out there that can help me with a career path, i.e., what college did you go to? How did you get into your current field? Or, do any of you have suggestions (or just comments) for reaching my goal? Maybe I can't get help here, but if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,
  2. yamadataro macrumors 6502

It sounds like you might enjoy going through the Industrial Design path (AKA Product Design).

I went to Pratt Institute in NYC to study just that. There are a number of very good schools to study industrial design.
  3. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    yeah, you'd want to get into industrial design. i'm studying web design, but i guess any sort of design is basically the same.

you've just got to study heaps and work your ass off. and also go to heaps of industry events. there's probably also a industrial design association, it pays to become a member, or student member and then just go to all of their events and start meeting people.

good luck! :)