Any difference between blackbook and upgraded whitebook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MikeyTree, Feb 8, 2007.

1. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

Is there any difference between the blackbook and a 2.0 white macbook with upgraded memory & hard drive? I'm considering buying a top of the line macbook, but I think white looks better than black.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well, one is white, and the other one is black.

And... that's pretty much it. If you match up the specs, they're the exact same computer inside, just a different color.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

4. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

The difference is the color. Yes, I really do believe that's all.
    It would be nice if the BlackBook got a full video card rather than shared. Not saying it has to be MacBook Pro strength, but something to give it a bit of a punch and make it worth more money. THAT would have sold me on the BlackBook. That said, Apple won because I bought a MBP instead. Yeah ok, I won too, because that machine is one bad mutha (shut your mouth) - but I'm just talkin' about Mac! :p

5. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Oh! And the inside of the ports, like the USB ports are black on the black MacBook as well. Uh... just looks cool, is all I'm sayin'.

6. iBrandi macrumors member

Also, if you are concerned with fingerprints or smudges (which I cannot stand :eek: I'm a little OCD) the white one is better because the black one shows fingerprints and smudges but otherwise looks really cool. You can do a search of the forum and there are lots of debates over black vs white MacBooks.

7. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Scratches are more visible on the whitebooks.

Black ones look more professional.

8. frogger2020 macrumors regular

And that is why Apple will not put a full video card in the MacBook because they know that people who need it will upgrade to the MacBook Pro.