Any DVD-R's bigger than 4.7 GB

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by swahilibill, Oct 29, 2002.

1. swahilibill macrumors 6502

I am burning movies and i am wondering if there are any DVD-Rs bigger than 4.7GB and i saw the DVD-Rom versions for 9 GB, but will those work in dvd players like the dvdr's do? any help would be appreciated, thanks,

Robert

2. void macrumors 6502

I think you can burn a double-sided DVD...Thats how blade runner is, one side is regular and one side is widescreen.

3. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

normal DVDs

The DVDs that you buy in the store (with movies on them) are all 4.7GB per side... they only thing is.. .they have 4 sides... well... many of them do. Each side has 2 layers. Ever notice a slight hickup when your wathcing movies between chapters? Thats the read head moving back to the begining of the disk... and reading layer 2. Its a lot better seeing a hickup then having to put down your popcorn, get up out of the lazyboy and flip the disk over. If you dont see the hickup.. then your eyes are bad... or you have a better DVD player than mine (both of them)

If some one was to RIP a DVD and try to burn it to a DVD-R... you will probably need at least 2 to 4 DVD-Rs to do the job. They cost $3-$7 each... not to mention your time...