Any experience with Powermax.com?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by everythingdmb, Oct 27, 2003.

1. everythingdmb macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about trading my iMac (500 Mhz G3, Indigo)in at Powermax.com for some credit on a refurbished dual G4 and then getting an apple instant loan for the difference.

Has anybody had experience with powermax? Is it cheaper through them or through apple as far as refurbs go?

And what are your experiences with the instant loan. Would it be safer for me to get a credit card?

This is my first time doing anything like this. I really need some good advice.

2. Robertk2012 macrumors regular

3. everythingdmb thread starter macrumors newbie

hey, if you're serious let me know. It's in perfect condition. I do video work though and I need a G4 to run my FCP4 so I've got to do something.

4. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

They seem pretty cool. I would also take a look at www.smalldog.com as well. They sometimes have some good deals up. I am not sure about trading though.

5. Robertk2012 macrumors regular

I want to get one for my brother. Mainly for music. Let me know how much you want. rmk3@students.uwf.edu

They wont give you anything for it anyways. At least I wouldnt think they would give you much.